How is that fair?

By Henry - 13/10/2019 13:00

Today, I was promoted as an auditor at an insurance company. After finding 9 compliance violations and over $15,000 returned incorrectly, I reported them to my manager. She blamed me for all the mistakes and fired me. These mistakes happened two years before I was employed with the company. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 339
You deserved it 134

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sue. If you were fired for a problem dating from prior to your arrival then you should have a good case

It's obvious. She didn't expect you to be that good, or at least, she expected you to look for things you can help her slide on. When you demonstrated you weren't going to do that, she got rid of you before you could be a real problem for her.

Comments

It's obvious. She didn't expect you to be that good, or at least, she expected you to look for things you can help her slide on. When you demonstrated you weren't going to do that, she got rid of you before you could be a real problem for her.

Sue. If you were fired for a problem dating from prior to your arrival then you should have a good case

Trinity Fenwick 7

Never call HR. They are merely thugs that shield upper management from liability by pretending to offer workers due process.

I disagree on calling HR. But do it with a clear plan. Copy upper level management up to the most senior people about your complaint. Then, indicate you want to see the problems of an illegal firing, money losses to the company, and compliance violations resolved. Working together with them (not the jerk who fired you) is what you seek. It needs to be fixed and better done in house rather than with lawyers and the regulating bodies.

Mungolikecandy 19

I would agree on that, having worked in various companies whenever people got HR involved they would inform the managers and often make them, or at least encouraged them to , act in a more deplorable manner (strangely as they are supposed to be the experts on employment law etc, often in illegal manners).

Go over her head. It's possible she's trying to cover up her own ineptitude by firing you. You could end up with her job.

You didn't read your job description well enough. An internal auditor is supposed to turn a blind eye to the embezzlement, waste and fraud of their superiors. You gotta know how to "play ball."

Talk to an attorney. You may be protected by a whistleblower statute.

Go over the managers head and let them know all those issues happened before you got hired on.

Charity Taylor 17

There's totally labor laws against that I'd file a lawsuit against her for sure.

Sounds like they are committing some type of fraud and was upset you came across it 🤷🏻‍♀️