By nerp - 29/03/2016 19:44 - Canada - Toronto

Today, a stranger had a go at me for smoking while pregnant. I'm a guy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 037
You deserved it 2 677

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You still shouldn't smoke while you're pregnant, even if you're a guy.

You must just have a certain "glow" about you.

Comments

MikaykayUnicorn 36

Just because someone else doesn't like your body doesn't mean you need to change it.

Woah now, if a guy looks like he is pregnant he needs to improve his condition for his own quality of life; or he has a major back issue.

The response to pregnant women smoking is to punch them out?! Nice guy!

They spoke to them rather than getting physical towards them.

To have a go at someone generally means, at least in this context, to insult or criticize someone. Not physically attack.

My bad. I thought he meant that the guy got physical with him. Thanks for setting me straight.

Ughh everyone downvoting clearly don’t understand sarcasm

awildwhisper 30

You should have told the man to never assume a beautiful lady such as you is pregnant :p

Or tell him you want your baby to have superpowers.

sounds like he's also been smoking something

You must just have a certain "glow" about you.

You still shouldn't smoke while you're pregnant, even if you're a guy.

While I'm not trying to imply this is the case for the OP.... it's the 21st century, and pregnant (trans) men, while extremely rare for a variety of reasons, do exist. (And being pregnant doesn't make them look not like guys. They have to stop taking testosterone for the duration, but it doesn't make their facial hair, deep voices, or (if they've had it) chest reconstruction surgery go away, any more than an orchiectomy would for a cis guy.)

Haha, this comment is so unintentionally inclusive of trans guys. I love it. Very true, though...OP should look into quitting. You shouldn't smoke while non-pregnant either (even if you're a guy).

#18 What makes you think it was unintentional?

MikaykayUnicorn 36

Makes me kind of sad that the comment about trans men is getting thumbs down. Yes, trans dudes can get pregnant and this comment was unintentionally inclusive to trans guys as well. That person was just making a statement.

Yeah definitely, 20, I actually thought the same thing earlier but it was too late to edit. :) That'd be even better.

I agree too that I don't know why #17 is being down voted. Valid comment. Who says my comment wasn't intentional? There is maybe a reason why I made that comment. Assumption is the mother of all f-ups.

Yeah, I have no idea why all the downvotes. I know at least one trans guy who bore a child post-transition (and had a hell of a time with healthcare/hospital trying to deny coverage/treatment, because of gender marker on paperwork). And one friend is a trans man who would like to have a kid but is fearful of the stigma against pregnant dudes, especially as it could easily turn into physical violence against him/baby.

All the same, couldn't hurt to quit.