Hard to beat

By onlyslightly - 30/11/2012 08:33 - United States

Today, my cat peed on my bra. I didn't realize this until after I arrived at work for my 12-hour shift. Now I'm trying to wash my bra out in the sink and stuff paper towels down it to soak up the moisture. Only 10 more hours to go, and the smell of cat pee is still lingering. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 017
You deserved it 4 842

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KY_Jelly 10

Ugh. I feel for you. Cat pee is practically impossible to wash out. Good luck.

Comments

obviousboy 8

Don't keep your bra in the litter box? :P

Time to demilitarize your bust :) It is happy for every people, of course, including you.

White vinegar gets that smell out when it's time to put the bra through the laundry. Soak it in the vinegar then wash like normal. If your cat is peeing on things it shouldn't be, time to get it to the vets. They often do this when they have a uti. On a side note, see if you can get a break to run out and get a new one on. May want to change shirts too so the odor doesn't linger with you.

I have a cat who will open drawers just to lay on the clothes in it. Forget the dirty clothes basket, she somehow manages to open the drawers and get the clean clothes. Thank god she has never pee'd on anything! So don't jump to the conclusion that OP left her drawer open.

15-Where does it say op took her bra out of the DIRTY laundry?? Because I don't know about you but my clothes go in the dirty laundry for a reason and I don't grab them out to wear them. So saying her cat went through her dirty laundry, which by the way, show me the kind of cat who has the ability to sort through dirty laundry to find things to pee on. Cats like to pee on stuff, we had a cat who if you made her mad, called her anything but princess she would not only pee on our stove which was the kind with the coil burners that stuck out and were impossible to tell if they'd been peed on until AFTER the entire house reeked. She would also pee IN whomever's shoes she was mad at and puke in them. She recognized smells but wouldn't sort through clothes to pee on things. If the cat was a boy then he could have easily sprayed her bra while she was showering and her bra was on her dresser or hung on a door. Because male cats are mean little animals who will make it a point to spray anything they find.

redmnky21 8

use a diluted vinegar and water mix... it kills the cat pee smell

I'm going to say YDI on this one. Even if the cat had to do some impressive acrobatics to get to the bra, it's still your fault for going to work in it. Cat pee is very strong smelling, regardless of how long ago the accident happened. You should have noticed it immediately.

jesustits: 1.) Absolutely nowhere did it say in the FML, nor did I say, that OP wore the bra after the cat pissed on it. It said that OP got home after a 12-hour shift and saw (and smelled, evidently) that the cat had pissed on the bra. There could be a number of completely plausible reasons other than OP just leaving the bra on the floor, which I seriously doubt happened. 2.) There's no need to be a complete bitch. It's absolutely possible that the cat GRABBED something random out of the dirty laundry, which is what I was saying, not what you THINK I was saying. Obviously the FML doesn't say it grabbed it out of the laundry. How would OP know if it did? She just found it with piss on it. "So saying her cat went through her dirty laundry, which by the way, show me the kind of cat who has the ability to sort through dirty laundry to find things to pee on." Huh? Improve your grammar skills before you diss someone for not making sense. Also, you don't think it's likely for a cat to pick a bra out of the laundry, but clearly state YOUR cat peed in people's shoes and puked in them when it got mad? What makes your cat so goddamned special that it can do that, but any other cat can't do something as simple as pissing on a clothing item? Apparently your cat is the only remotely intelligent cat on earth, then.

This actually happened to me once! I had to do the exact same thing, wash it and stuff napkins in there. I also sprayed perfume but then I just smelled like wet cat pee and perfume.....

You sound like the perfect woman for loserman67!

LBelle25 9

Esh good luck OP. but running it through the washing machine when you get a chance might get it out (in case it's a bra you happen to like a lot). A cat peed on my leather tote bag and that is certainly never coming out..

Actually you're wrong. It says that she arrived at work for her twelve hour shift and smelled it. She went in to the bathroom and tried to wash it out and then shoved paper towels in her bra to attempt to make the smell go away, she also said only ten hours to go. Here is the FML verbatim: "Today, my cat peed on my bra. I didn't realize this until after I arrived at work for my 12-hour shift. Now I'm trying to wash my bra out in the sink and stuff paper towels down it to soak up the moisture. Only 10 more hours to go, and the smell of cat pee is still lingering. FML." So how about before attacking me you actually pay attention to what the FML said and avoid making yourself look like an idiot.