Great talk, Dad

By Anonymous - 28/08/2019 14:00 - Australia - Sydney

Today, I was sitting in my room when my dad walked in to talk. He said I'm not the son he'd hoped for, and that he'd been let down as a father. He said I should change the way I am so that he could love me more. It was the longest conversation I've had with my dad in years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 173
You deserved it 154

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's an absolutely horrible excuse of a father. A relationship is a two way street, and if he's not even put forth the effort to talk to you or know you for who you are, he doesn't deserve you. He's the parent, it's his responsibility to connect with you no matter how you are.

If that's how he talks, you ought to seek shortest conversation with him, maybe even the silent treatment.

Comments

That's an absolutely horrible excuse of a father. A relationship is a two way street, and if he's not even put forth the effort to talk to you or know you for who you are, he doesn't deserve you. He's the parent, it's his responsibility to connect with you no matter how you are.

If that's how he talks, you ought to seek shortest conversation with him, maybe even the silent treatment.

pins91 27

What’s with the shitty families in Australia atm? This is the second post today with people trying to better their lives and the families have been nothing but negative. I’m sorry op.

time to wrtite up a speech calling him a failure as a father

LostSoul 19

Did you tell him it is ok, he is not the father you hoped for either?

Easy response back to him. You have failed as a father. A parent will love and guide their child no matter what. Even criminals parents are often in court for them. They may hate what the person did, but they still love their child. Or they want to see them executed for go to that special hell.

You have a terrible father! He is a let down as a father, and he should change so you can love him again.

J15237 25

Man I am sorry to hear that. If you are happy with your life then **** your dad. Move on. That means he is just unhappy with his own damn life. You don't need that shit in your life.

Wow. What can awful father. From the sounds of it he is a completely unhappy person who is blaming you. Dont listen to him.