Gotta get that sweet sweet nicotine

By MCMB33 - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I caught my pregnant wife smoking. This is after I quit over a month ago to show her my support and be a good influence on our child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 673
You deserved it 3 157

Top comments

Comments

JocelynKaulitz 28

What, is she going to allow your child to smoke when he/she turns 1 too?

Seriously? This woman is smoking while pregnant but I've been praying for a baby and still nothing? Wow that's just so incredible to read.

perdix 29

Yeah, with so many people out of work, you find many people who **** around at work and complain about how they hate their jobs. We're a country of whiny ingrates.

perdix 29

The good news is that you can take up smoking again! I'm sure you missed it.

Oh- my gosh. Hopefully you seriously bitched her out! That poor tiny baby :( hope your baby turns out okay. You better like stalk your wife and make sure she doesn't do it again!

perdix 29

At least it wasn't some other dude's pole? I'm trying to find a silver lining here, people!

Smoking whilst pregnant causes less oxygen to go to the placenta and baby. Smoking can also cause the placenta to detach from the womb wall ending in misscarrage (it also causes low birth weight and early births which lead to even more development problems for baby)...smoking near your baby or even before holding your baby increases the risk of sids.

Don't forget cleft palate and cleft lip.

Actually 70 its just a country of illegal immigrants

Tell your wife to stop smoking unless she wants to end up with a misscarraige. Seriously, you're not even suppost to hang around with someone who's smoking when pregnant, or even around cleaning chemicals because it causes harm to both your body and the baby's. Its not hard to kick an adiction, trust me I've kicked several myself, all it takes is hard work and perserverance. The more she thinks that, "having one more will help" wont. It just makes kicking the addiction even harder.

You sound ungreatful... Your support just landed you an extra 4-10 of life. Your wives loyalty just landed her bad skin, breath and much more