Gotta get that sweet sweet nicotine

By MCMB33 - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I caught my pregnant wife smoking. This is after I quit over a month ago to show her my support and be a good influence on our child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 673
You deserved it 3 157

Top comments

Comments

Its a shame that all of you are quick to have a go at the mum to be, smoking is incredibly difficult to give up and she may be having a tough time atm which you dont know about...

isis_morrigan 18

thank you!!! someone who doesn't instantly condemn her!

Ya know, my friend smoked the entire time she was pregnant, just cutting down to about 3 cigarettes a day until she was close to the end (she was over due, or miscalculated on her due date) and the baby, my godson, came out extremely healthy. As long as you're healthy with the other aspects of your life, you're fine smoking up to three a day when you're pregnant. That came from her midwife. Her baby was heavier than most first time moms that I've seen. And Razzle_Dazzle_5, weed helps with the nausea pain during pregnancy. At least two of my sisters smoked weed during pregnancy and were around it constantly. All four of those children came out healthy and smart. My nephew is at the top of his class and is very athletic. Don't be so quick to judge. You won't ever know what it's like to have a child. It's hell on the body and sleep doesn't come easy to pregnant women. I don't advocate harsher drugs but there is nothing wrong with weed and pregnancy. Think more about your genetics than what the **** she is smoking. Honestly. LittleMinx18 was right in her comment. Shit is hard. Think twice before you judge the mom-to-be. I hope half of you don't breed. DrMime. Your comments are amazing.

An addiction is an addiction! Your baby can still be fairly healthy. Just help her as much as you can to monitor how much she smokes. I think getting a chart is a good idea. Don't keep it a secrete. Support from family and beyond helps keep anyone on track. Be positive, because you know how hard it is to quit, and your wife's body is changing, Some smells and flavors are heightened. Making it harder to quit.

Good news, your wife doesn't care about your unborn child! I'm sure she will make an excellent mother.

Yeah, that can have really nasty side effects. My grandma smoked while she was pregnant with my dad. He was born underweight, and he had an artery connected to a vein in his brain. Arteries can take a lot more pressure than veins can, so it kinda burst when he was 38. Luckily he lived because of the location, but it can really harm the baby. :

WOW THATS HORRIBLE!!! what a stupid woman! bet she'll be a 'great' mother! NOT..how can she not put the health of her child above her own stupid addiction?!?

Pregnant bitches crave the damnedest things!!!

Well when my ex was pregnant. The doctor told her to take a couple puffs on a cigarette to help with nausea. She was a non-smoker at the time. After the baby was born she was a freight train.

That bitch. Your child is in my prayers dude.

loveless3692 2

She is a selfish bitch I can't believe she can't live without a smoke for nine month for her own child's health.