Gotta get that sweet sweet nicotine

By MCMB33 - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I caught my pregnant wife smoking. This is after I quit over a month ago to show her my support and be a good influence on our child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 673
You deserved it 3 157

Top comments

Comments

bubo_fml 10

Find a suitable substitute to replace her oral fixation on cigarettes...U know what to do, Junior!

That is so horrible and selfish of her to do that. She could do awful things to the baby. You need to have a serious talk with her and research what can happen to the unborn fetus together.

wolflove225 10

Ya'll need to chill out I mean my mother smoked when she was pregnant with me and I turned out fine, if it is very seldom then to have problems when the baby is born.

You know, the mothers actions aside what about the OP? He was quitting too and it must really suck to lose the support he thought he had with his wife :(

Some people should have their rights to procreate revoked, just sayen.

shes only a hypocrite if she asked. And when pregnant if you are a heavily addicted smoker doctors tell you not to quit but to cut down heavily as that can be just as bad!

hateevryone 14

well, she surely doesn't care about your child's health.

rawwwrrrsheet 0

Fyl, but as a lot of people don't realize, ob/gyns often tell women who smoke to simply cut down as much as possible as opposed to just quitting. The stress from the withdrawls is actually worse for your baby than an occasional cigarette is. When my friend was pregnant she had smoked two packs a day before finding out and when she talked to her doctor they told her that it was okay to smoke 5 cigarettes a day, but to keep trying to quit if she could. She tried, but had to stay at around 5 a day. She went a week without smoking when she was 32 weeks and the stress put her into labor (that is according to the doctor), they were able to stop it and two days before her due date she was induced and gave birth to a perfectly healthy 8lbs 2oz baby girl. She's 5months old now and her only problem is mild asthma which she developed from bronchitis. So, while your wife should keep trying to quit, try not to be too judgmental and keep supporting her to quit or cut back as much as she can.

My mom smoked every day but the second she found out she was pregnant with my older brother she quit. She started up again a while after he was born but then got pregnant with me and quit AGAIN. She didn't have a single cigarette. She started up again after I was born but when I was about 4 she quit and stopped smoking for more than 10 years.