Goodbye

By dogs_and_toucans - 08/06/2009 18:47 - United States

Today, my girlfriend of 10 months moved to Europe and we may never see each other again, so I gave her a $200 sterling silver heart necklace as a goodbye present. She gave me a pack of gum. Cinnamon, which I'm allergic to. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 706
You deserved it 6 806

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would you buy her something expensive if you might not see her ever again? YDI

haha thats why when you see someone for the last time you flip them off

Comments

littlemisslee 0

You throw a necklace at her when she's leaving and you'll never see her again? What did you expect? She probally saw this as an opportunity for tge both of you to move on in life, and didn't expect a $200 necklace. I wouldn't.

Apparently not much of a loss there.

jeremymg91 0

sounds like she probably didn't know that she was supposed to bring a gift. it's the thought that counts man, and maybe she didn't know you were allergic or she forgot you were.

jman566 0

She was a foreign exchange student. This must be tough. i dated an exchange student and when she left we exchanged gifts we made for each other. I made a photo album and pictures and she made me cute letters and pics.

actually #12's right I mean dudes are the one buyin the proposal rings....

I'm sorry but STERLING silver? If you liked her as much as you're portraying, you would have dug deeper and bought her a necklace made with much higher quality material. But in turn, I hope it turns her neck green for giving you that silly pack of gum.

I'm with you 38. no offence but sterling silver is rubbish and op just paid 200 (I'm guessing usd) for it. for that price you could get nice 18k white gold. op, you got suckered for your money in more ways than one. and a trinket will never be enough to stop someone you love from leaving.

**** her life for moving to europe... realy Belgium, France, England, Germany,... not realy the place to be, accept for our Belgian beer that's got to be the best of the world

isnt a picture a more appropriate gift? corny, but you are not going to be in the next chapter of her life and vice versa... why blow 200 bucks?

Polionixon 2

#18 yea..... your not materialistic at all. *sarcasm*

there seem to be a lot of the "i did something really great, and the other person gave something shitty back in return (and i was possibly allergic to it)" fmls. maybe that's just me... still sucks for you though....