Goodbye

By dogs_and_toucans - 08/06/2009 18:47 - United States

Today, my girlfriend of 10 months moved to Europe and we may never see each other again, so I gave her a $200 sterling silver heart necklace as a goodbye present. She gave me a pack of gum. Cinnamon, which I'm allergic to. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 706
You deserved it 6 806

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would you buy her something expensive if you might not see her ever again? YDI

haha thats why when you see someone for the last time you flip them off

Comments

hownow 0

YDI for giving an expensive gift to a girl you have only dated for 10 months that you admit you will probably never see again.

pinkbubble96 0
whimsical_fml 0

Perhaps she didn't realize she'd be receiving a gift, felt bad about getting you nothing, and made an attempt to produce the only thing she had with her. And, you know the old saying - It's the thought that counts ;D Or, I could be completely wrong, and she's just a bitch, and in which case I apologize for her suckishness fully.

Wow. I love how all these people are saying that you should dump her and that you're an idiot for giving her something so expensive. If any of you have ever been in a long-distance relationship, then you know that you just want the person to remember something nice about you. And, he obviously really loved her to even think that far ahead. The girl isn't nessicarily a loser either because I know that when I left, I was too worried about packing and crying over how much I am going to miss everyone to remember a going-away gift. good luck and I hope you find someone to take her place. =)

pinkbubble96 0
Bubs_fml 0

#38: I really hope you're joking. Otherwise, you're a douchebag. Just saying. You're essentially saying "If you REALLY loved her, you would have spent even more of your hard earned money for something that looks exactly the same as what you bought for $200! It's not about what the gift is, it's about how much you spent on it!"

RJB 0

Shoulda chewed it (quickly) and spit in her face LOL

Bubs_fml 0

#38: I really hope you're joking, otherwise...wow. You essentially said "Well, if you REALLY loved her, you would have spent even more of your hard earned money on something that looks exactly the same! The only difference is that it cost more, and the more money you spend, the more you love her!"

u should slap her in the face with your dick