Get over it

By DD. - 08/02/2010 14:18 - France

Today, my wife told me that she wants a divorce. Apparently, I'm taking too long to forgive her for having an affair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 017
You deserved it 4 107

Same thing different taste

Top comments

txgirl09 5

Ouch. Well, she's obviously not committed and you're much better off without her.

You're in a tough situation, but it's time to man up. Your wife has probably already hired the most vile divorce attorney she could find, and has probably already slept with him. She will petition to force you to pay her attorney fees and they (her and the attorney) will go after everything you own (not just half... that's too old fashioned). You MUST find yourself a female divorce attorney, because only a female attorney will be able to develop the pure primal hatred toward another female (your wife) that will allow you to stand a chance in this fight. In the end, you will be victorious in the same way a country is victorious in a long war: you'll lose a lot, take a lot of damage, but you'll be better off in the long run. DO NOT hire a male attorney... your wife will probably sleep with him too, and then they'll all conspire against you.

Comments

My, that is depressing. I am so sorry... just give her the divorce... my parents are having problems, and my dad was the one who cheated, and my mom is still trying to stay with my dad, but I think it is better off if you leave her, because then you can find somebody who will love you for real, and she will be better than your current wife. I am truly sorry...

That'll go down well, "I'd like to file for divorce. I got caught cheating on my husband, there were only two other men in my life, yet he can't seem to forgive me for that. Oh and I'd like half of his money to fund towards my vaginal reconstruction."

blanconino245 0

dude just blow it in her face and bail

she doesn't deserve you. the fact that you forgave her enough to continue a relationship with her after she cheated on you is a huge step. I would kick her ass out before she gives you the herp. you can do much better, and hopefully you will. best of luck to you

heartagram_in_ro 0

I understand. I've been cheated on and tried to forgive because he said it was a mistake and said he'd go to therapy and stuff. it's hard to forgive when you've been hurt that deeply. you can't just get over it.

You shouldn't have to forgive her for having an affair, you should have been the one to ask for a divorce. Move on, bro, she's not worth being with.

Well it can be devastating to lose someone if you're still in love, no matter if they were a "cheater." I mean you invest a lot of your emotion into this woman so her doing this only further your depression. I would say be thankful that you're both leaving the relationship. Hopefully there are no strings attached with children or whatever.