Get over it

By DD. - 08/02/2010 14:18 - France

Today, my wife told me that she wants a divorce. Apparently, I'm taking too long to forgive her for having an affair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 017
You deserved it 4 107

Same thing different taste

Top comments

txgirl09 5

Ouch. Well, she's obviously not committed and you're much better off without her.

You're in a tough situation, but it's time to man up. Your wife has probably already hired the most vile divorce attorney she could find, and has probably already slept with him. She will petition to force you to pay her attorney fees and they (her and the attorney) will go after everything you own (not just half... that's too old fashioned). You MUST find yourself a female divorce attorney, because only a female attorney will be able to develop the pure primal hatred toward another female (your wife) that will allow you to stand a chance in this fight. In the end, you will be victorious in the same way a country is victorious in a long war: you'll lose a lot, take a lot of damage, but you'll be better off in the long run. DO NOT hire a male attorney... your wife will probably sleep with him too, and then they'll all conspire against you.

Comments

frickyourlives 0

Cheating is unforgivable. YDI for taking her back.

AngryNinja 1

omfg. brilliant. seriously though what a bitch. drop her on her ass. she obviously doesn't want you anyway.

I feel you man. I know it's hard but you should have ended it when you found out. Once something like that happens a relationship is destroyed and trying to fix it is just a waste of your life (which by the way is f'ed). FYL.

It's not always a waste of time to stay and attempt to salvage a marriage. Many couples say that their marriages are even happier post-affair than pre-affair. An affair is tragic, but also can be the catalyst in forcing a couple to finally deal with issues that led to the affair. And, once addressed, these marriages can be far stronger and more satisfying than prior to the affair.

bfffness 0

you should have dumped her way back when you had just found out she had an affair

You should have left her in the first place. YDI!

most dumb thing I have ever heard like WTF