Get over it

By DD. - 08/02/2010 14:18 - France

Today, my wife told me that she wants a divorce. Apparently, I'm taking too long to forgive her for having an affair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 017
You deserved it 4 107

Same thing different taste

Top comments

txgirl09 5

Ouch. Well, she's obviously not committed and you're much better off without her.

You're in a tough situation, but it's time to man up. Your wife has probably already hired the most vile divorce attorney she could find, and has probably already slept with him. She will petition to force you to pay her attorney fees and they (her and the attorney) will go after everything you own (not just half... that's too old fashioned). You MUST find yourself a female divorce attorney, because only a female attorney will be able to develop the pure primal hatred toward another female (your wife) that will allow you to stand a chance in this fight. In the end, you will be victorious in the same way a country is victorious in a long war: you'll lose a lot, take a lot of damage, but you'll be better off in the long run. DO NOT hire a male attorney... your wife will probably sleep with him too, and then they'll all conspire against you.

Comments

You're not the only one. I found out my wife had an affair 4 years after it happened. A week later, she couldn't understand why I was still upset. She said she'd gotten over it, why hadn't I?

Erindub 0

Dude if she cheated she was already finished with the marriage any ways.

Or, it could be that the wife really doesn't show remorse and is annoyed that he can't just get over it. In that case, double FH(is)L because not only did she cheat, but she doesn't truly feel any remorse for it. Cheating isn't something that is forgiven easily, and sometimes it does take years to move past it. If the wife was serious about wanting to be forgiven, she would give the OP all the time in the world to do so. If she really wanted to be with him, she would be patient.

I can't believe someone that had an affair would have the gall to even get testy with her husband. She should have known that there was very good chance he wouldn't let it go,. who could whole-heartedly forgive something like that? Agree with idkweird also.

I agree with all that you say except for the part that she ought to give him all the time in the world to forgive her. If the infidelity happened quite a long time ago and he's still actively angry and hasn't taken steps to join her in moving the marriage past the issue, it's time for her to leave. Even a cheater doesn't deserve to live the rest of his/her life in a war zone, especially if he/she has done everything possible to rectify the situation. It all depends on: a) how long ago the affair happened; b) if it was a on-going indiscretion or a one time mistake; and c) what steps the cheater has taken to repair the marriage since.

you know since my ex did something kinda similar everyone aroun here knows what se did. So in response most of the people around here will walk up to her and even her mother and instead of a " hello " they get a " *****! HOW YOU DOIN? I GOT $5 what can you do for me " lol

This isnt a FML. YOU actually WIN in this situation. *thumbs up*

tubatrumpboy86 4

I think you SHOULD forgive her. But just for yourself. You'll feel way better (that's even scientifically proven). Think about yourself, man. Good luck!

for the record, he didnt even cum inside her. how do i know? she is grossed out by semen.

buttshapedfruit 0

dump her! she's a nasty ***** anyways (: