Get over it

By DD. - 08/02/2010 14:18 - France

Today, my wife told me that she wants a divorce. Apparently, I'm taking too long to forgive her for having an affair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 017
You deserved it 4 107

Same thing different taste

Top comments

txgirl09 5

Ouch. Well, she's obviously not committed and you're much better off without her.

You're in a tough situation, but it's time to man up. Your wife has probably already hired the most vile divorce attorney she could find, and has probably already slept with him. She will petition to force you to pay her attorney fees and they (her and the attorney) will go after everything you own (not just half... that's too old fashioned). You MUST find yourself a female divorce attorney, because only a female attorney will be able to develop the pure primal hatred toward another female (your wife) that will allow you to stand a chance in this fight. In the end, you will be victorious in the same way a country is victorious in a long war: you'll lose a lot, take a lot of damage, but you'll be better off in the long run. DO NOT hire a male attorney... your wife will probably sleep with him too, and then they'll all conspire against you.

Comments

I'm gonna voice the unpopular opinion and say that she does kind of have a point... if you wanted to stay with her and work things out, it'll take time, sure, but you need to forgive her and not bring this up for every new thing that comes along. Of course, if she wanted to be with you, she should be bringing this up instead of going straight for the divorce.

awsomepk 0

wifes make you stress anyway. help with this, do that, nag,nag,nag. ah well, strip club time! SPEND THE MONEY before the bitch gets it.

The__Redneck 7

This ain't an FML. This ain't even a bad thing. Make sure she gets as close to absolutely nothing as possible, and then go find a woman who's not a *****.

Actually I'm with your wife on this one. I don't condone cheating. But if you wanted to keep trying at the marriage your responsibility is to forgive her. Either you don't understand that or you missed the hint that she wanted out.

Come on. She had an affair! Get a spine and divorce her ASAP! Do you really want to be with someone who cheats on you? She's lucky you forgave her. Bitch.

miz_kitty89 0

1.Get an amazing, balls to the wall, kick ass attorney. Thats all that can be said. I got married, and divorced, in less than 2 years because my husband not only cheated on me, he cheated on me with another man. and when i filed for divorce, he used my money and got an attorney who raped me in court for everything i had. I was the only one who worked in our marriage (im in the military) because my husband was kicked out. Now, he gets a third of my paycheck every month in alimony because he didn't work, citing that the navy had caused "irrepairable damage" to hime when he was dishonorably discharged. 2. Make sure that you freeze your assets from being used my her. Women are notorious for letting their husbands know that they are divorcing them, then running up the credit bill to furnish their new home, with your money, and leaving you to foot the bill. 3. Next time, GET A DAMN PRENUP!!! Lastly, life sucks, dude, but you got to work through it. So, take my advice; get a kick ass shark of an attorney, get what you can, and live life. All that can be said, home slice.