GET IT AWAY FROM ME!

By mottephobe - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I subbed for a first grade class. They were releasing butterflies. Butterflies scare me shitless. A bunch of 7 year-olds watched as I screamed hysterically when one landed on me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 726
You deserved it 37 373

Top comments

This reminds me of that episode of Pokémon where Caterpie was all up in Misty's everything and she was completely ******* terrified of it.

Comments

Mimiroxxi 0

some or most people have phobias mines is acrophobia "the fear of height", you don't have phobias randomly it's usually you had a bad experience that had cause you to have a phobia. I can never never stand on a table go on the second floor in malls or a table without having a panic attack, nausea, faint, dizzy and etc. phobias aren't bs they are real. don't be a douche especially about something you never had or experience.

Butterflies are probably the most gentle creature on our planet. you totally deserved this.

Butterfly Phobia? Don't even SUGGEST that I should understand this! I do not care WTH happened in childhood. GTF over it already!

You don't need childhood trauma (or any other reason) to have a phobia.

I have a phobia of big dogs and the dark... but I'm trying to contol my fear of dogs bc I have 2 pits and a Doberman. and they are the sweetest things you could ever be with. my fear of the dark - I'm still trying to figure it out lol .. nothing wrong with fears - everyone has them

Darkster 0

I'm scared of spiderfly's if that makes you feel a little better...

their is something wrong with you if your scared of butterflies what else freaks you out ladybugs and moths must really scare the ba-Jesus out of you!!!

RedPillSucks 31

Phobias are irrational and you don't get to choose what you're afraid of, but you can choose how you respond to the fear. I'm afraid of moths, preying mantises, and a bunch of other things (I used to let spider babies crawl all over me but not so much any more) I don't freak out when I see those things, especially around kids. You've got to learn to control your fear instead of letting it control you.

TalkinSmack 6

what a dumbass... they're BUTTERFLIES... I'd laugh too. YDI!

#98, Sure, there's some that do that shit for attention, but real phobias are an actual medical condition, and the people suffering from them definitely don't want to be. I have demophobia, fear of crowds. Do you think I *like* not being able to go to the mall on the weekends, or not being able to go to an awesome concert or something? No. It's not a choice, I'm fully aware that it's irrational, and if I could make it go away, I most definitely would.