Fun times

By KeepinItInTheFamily - 28/10/2018 05:00

Spicy
Today, my future sister-in-law told me that not only will I have to host her bachelorette party at my new, still under construction house, but she has also booked a sex consultant to come and give a toy presentation. There's a $350 minimum spend. Only 5 people are coming, 4 of which are family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 242
You deserved it 345

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you're not the Maid of Honor, tell her to go **** herself with one of the $350 sex toys. If you are the Maid of Honor, well... buckle up, buckaroo.

Tell her no. And tell her you’re not shopping for sex toys in front of your family. Seriously, just tell her ******* no. Even if she wants those things, it doesn’t have to be at your house and you can make it clear from the get go that you’re not part of her minimum spend.

Comments

If you're not the Maid of Honor, tell her to go **** herself with one of the $350 sex toys. If you are the Maid of Honor, well... buckle up, buckaroo.

Nope, even if she's the Maid-of-Honor the Bride doesn't get to dictate that the Bachelorette Party is hosted at the OP's house. Even if she's the Maid-of-Honor the bride does not get to force her into having to spend at least $300 dollars (assuming at least one other person buys something). If the Bride wants to have a Toy party she can be responsible for the $350 minimum spend and host it at her own house which is not currently under construction. Otherwise the Bride can pull her head out of her ass and have a normal bachelorette party at a bar or strip club.

You don't have to do anything. It's your house. Well, you'd only have to if it's your husband's sister and don't want to hear him bitch about it to you.

Tell her to **** off. It’s your house and not hers.

Plus, it's not even a house yet! Everybody seems to be overlooking the 'under construction' part.

Tell her no. And tell her you’re not shopping for sex toys in front of your family. Seriously, just tell her ******* no. Even if she wants those things, it doesn’t have to be at your house and you can make it clear from the get go that you’re not part of her minimum spend.

"No." is a complete sentence. Or even "I'm sorry but that won't be possible." She may be the guest of honour, but you are still the host.

whiskey'swino 15

Why? Is there a nerve connecting the ring finger to the brain, where when a ring is placed on it sanity, common sense and curtesy toward others simply evaporate?

whiskey'swino 15

BTW- for $350 anyone could have an awesome shopping spree at an adult store, and hours of fun trying them all out. No consultation needed. Usually a fun partner is fine to oblige a helping hand.

I don't know why, perhaps because I'm feckin buggered in the brain, but when I read "a fun partner" I imagined me and my gran pissing ourselves laughing as we shopped around an adult store! ...she would be the one testing out those weird shaped pillows ..whilst asking for a cuppa tea. With my papa waiting for us outside in a balaclava ...so no one would recognize him 😂😄

404wan 19

you dont have to do shit, and judging from her shitty and spoiled tone i really wouldnt. this is nuts and she needs to be put in het place, if you demand ridiculous shit like this you get NOTHING.

That's not how it works. The one getting married shouldn't be involved in the planning of the bachelor party. If I where you I would refuse to do it

I bet it's one of those shitty MLM parties, too.