Freakout

By emmey - 23/07/2009 19:43 - United States

Today, while showering at my boyfriend's house early this morning, I saw a huge black spider on the wall. I'm allergic to spiders, so in my disorientation I ran out of the shower screaming, slipped, sprained my wrist, and bruised my tailbone. Turns out the spider was a clump of hair. My hair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 916
You deserved it 44 868

Same thing different taste

Top comments

how can you be allergic to spiders?

Actually, you can be. I'm allergic to just about any type of insect/bug bite/sting. Spiders/mosquitoes/bees, etc. I'll swell up about 2-3x more than a "normal" person would, and the swelling will last for up to two weeks. First time I was bit by a horse fly, I was taken to a hospital.

Comments

blue892772 0

so when you see a spider you have an allergic reaction that makes you run away like a lunatic and sprain your wrist? I think you can get a cream for that.

dontpanic_fml 32

This would be funny if it hadn't already been posted on this site in one way or the other a hundred times...

TisSkim 0

actually; you CAN be allergic to spiders. And maybe she didn't over react since her allergic reaction could have been life threatening.

letitbe56 0

Wow. I'm sorry you're allergic to spiders, but that does not justify your reaction. Spiders DO NOT attack humans. If you see a spider, just leave it alone. In fact, even if there were a spider, you could have safely finished your shower, as long as you were careful not to bother it. YDI for freaking out over nothing. Besides, most spiders are too small to break human skin with a bite. Considering most cases of "spider bite" are actually a misdiagnosis, I'd be surprised if you were actually allergic to spiders.

letitbe56 0

I stick my hair to the wall when I'm showering and it comes out so that it doesn't go down the drain and clog it. Then when I'm done, I take it off and put it in the trash. The people you share the shower with would be grateful if you did that too.

kira822_fml 0

Who is alergic to spiders?

I am, at least their bites. Same with mosquito bites, bee stings, flea bites, etc. I swell up 2-3x more than the average person, and it lasts longer.

icertainlysuck 0

YDI for being a wuss. YDI for being an idiot. YDI for having a clump of hair like that in HIS shower.

rt523 0

Wow, it amuses me how idiotic some people are. you can be allergic to practically anything. Heck, people can be allergic to water.

up until the clump of hair part I was going to agree... that totally turned it into a ydi.

You arent allergic to spiders, maybe the venom of one or two. You're a dumb bitch.