Freakout

By emmey - 23/07/2009 19:43 - United States

Today, while showering at my boyfriend's house early this morning, I saw a huge black spider on the wall. I'm allergic to spiders, so in my disorientation I ran out of the shower screaming, slipped, sprained my wrist, and bruised my tailbone. Turns out the spider was a clump of hair. My hair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 916
You deserved it 44 868

Same thing different taste

Top comments

how can you be allergic to spiders?

Actually, you can be. I'm allergic to just about any type of insect/bug bite/sting. Spiders/mosquitoes/bees, etc. I'll swell up about 2-3x more than a "normal" person would, and the swelling will last for up to two weeks. First time I was bit by a horse fly, I was taken to a hospital.

Comments

It is most certainly possible to be allergic to spiders, because I am. Not all spiders affect me the same way, because there are so many kinds. Some have a severe effect on me when I get bitten, some very mild. I'm sure there are even some I'm not allergic to. However, unless I have already been bitten by a certain type of spider, I don't know if I will a reaction, or what kind of reaction it might be. So I try to avoid ALL kinds of spiders whenever possible. I can't say I've ever screamed at seeing one though.

ronws23 0

I live in a co-ed dorm at university and there's some chick on my floor that leaves clumps of hair on the shower curtain almost every day. It's a very small floor so there's only one bathroom and one shower on it. ******* disgusting. Women need to clean up after themselves! No one wants to see that when waking up at 6 AM!

amaneylandx3 0

ydi for showering @ your bfs house..

peruvianpinktoe 0

I study arachnids for a living. I currently own 4 tarantulas, and work for a museum to care for their animals. You can't be allergic to all types of spider venom. You may have a bad reaction to one spider one time, but that doesn't mean that the next one to bite you will be the same. Quite frankly, each one affects the body in entirely different ways. Some cause necrosis, others heart attacks, others seizures. They all have different chemical make ups. End of story.

That's the biggest fail I've seen all day

aren't most spiders teeth not sharp enough to puncture skin? the little spiders you usually get in houses obviously, not bigger ones.

wcslove_09 0

for all of you that are skeptical about the allergy... news flash: it IS possible. look at post # 86. and I myself am allergic to cockroaches and black gnats among other things that aren't very common allergies to have.

jason0 2

go to http://www.sexyemilie.com/?id=1758095

baseballboy6595 0

This is a lie. You cant be allergic to spiders. You can be allergic to a certain spider, but not spiders in general. Different spiders have different venom. You can be allergic to things like bumble bees, but that doesnt mean your allergic to sweat bees