Freakout time

By cricketeer - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, as my son carried the cage with live food for his pet lizards up the stairs, I heard the sound of 2,500 baby crickets escaping. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 055
You deserved it 6 663

Top comments

I believe that one of the things that this website teaches us is "Don't let kids carry stuff" FYL

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

YDI for letting your son carry that by himself.

lolololololololl 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
pwnrzero 0

wtf, ive seen #69 comment on two fmls recently, and both are just as crazy as this one. i thus conclude: he is insane. or he had a bad day.

Nope, just a troll, and I admit I laughed at a few of them...

americayay 0

She deserves it for letting her son have a pet that eats live crickets. That's the price you pay.

xScoutx 0

#85, lizards and most exotic pets have to eat live prey. They will only eat things that move.

Very VERY few lizards would eat ONLY live prey. Most would require some live prey, in a mixed diet with greens/veggies/fruits/etc.

this is such a bullshit FML unless you son has 100+ lizards your not gunna make me believe he needs 2500 crickets to feed his lizard.. thats more then enough to survive 3 years so all crickets wouldve died by then..and they wouldnt reproduce either.. i had grasshoppers for my lizard and they dont seem to reproduce under stress (captivity)

You are very wrong. Iguanidae, lacertidae, and Agamidae are the main families that eat fruits and veggies. Oh and water dragons. Most lizards eat insects. If you buy crickets online (and are not a n00b that goes to Petsmart), 2,500 is standard. They last a while if you actually clean and feed them.

lizzilla8297 2

that EXACT thing happened to me, except I was the one carrying them and they got all over me.

Imawhalerider 0

@1: Yeah, like he's ever going to catch them. He's going to call the exterminator, dude. Damn FML and it's turning replies into comments kjsdlkf

CookyMonsta 0

no need for an exterminator... let loose the lizard, and hope he finds em all!

Yay! Now you'll always have that cricket sound in your own home!

Lol, that's what I was thinking. Have fun sleeping!

I believe that one of the things that this website teaches us is "Don't let kids carry stuff" FYL

antoniasiddall 5

Doesn't say how old her son is though does it? For all we know he could be an older teenager or even a college student that lives at home to save money. Anyone can trip over on the stairs especially if they have their hands full.

Overwatch88 0

by the time ur lizard eats 40 of those crickets the other 2460 would be dead >.>

Agreed. I used to have a few Anoles and tree frogs. I'd buy two dozen crickets a week to feed them and the majority of the crickets that I hadn't yet fed them would die by the end of the week. No one buys 2,500 crickets at a time and there is NO way that you could keep them for longer than a week or so. The noise of 2,500 crickets in your house alone would drive you nuts too. Totally fake.

Well, he never said he had only one pet lizard. Maybe his son is crazy and has around 50 pet lizards. Or just a few big badass ones.

The OP DID use the word "Lizards." He has more than one.

That would be way too many lizards for 2,500 crickets. And like other posters said, they would die. Unless your kid has a mini cricket farm to keep them alive. Still, as a parent, I would never allow that many crickets in my house at one time.

if you really did have that many, youre stupid as hell. thats ridiculous.

Quick, fill your house with lizards, and maybe it will be okay! XD