Freakout time

By cricketeer - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, as my son carried the cage with live food for his pet lizards up the stairs, I heard the sound of 2,500 baby crickets escaping. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 055
You deserved it 6 663

Top comments

I believe that one of the things that this website teaches us is "Don't let kids carry stuff" FYL

Comments

MrAdventure 1

I really think there needs to be a third voting option - "I'm sorry, but I LOL'd!!"

Reminded me of my younger days when we had lizards and the crickets were escape artists. Took us a couple weeks of chirping and hunting them down to kill.

Lizards (or any reptiles) are the worst pets ever. They don't really bond with you like a dog or cat does, they just sit there and look cool to children.

my turtle is awesome. he knows me and loves having his chin petted. my friend's leopard gecko,elizardbeth, definitely knew that pets and affection were good. heck, i even bonded with my fire bellied newts, reynard and rasconza, and my grammostola rosea tarantula, nadir. many animals can and do bond with people, and that includes a great deal of reptiles, amphibians and even some insects. they just have different ways of showing it. nadir used to chill on my shoulder, and i was one of three people she never once flicked hairs at. don't underestimate the bonds we can forge with non-human animals.

my turtle is awesome. he knows me and loves having his chin petted. my friend's leopard gecko,elizardbeth, definitely knew that pets and affection were good. heck, i even bonded with my fire bellied newts, reynard and rasconza, and my grammostola rosea tarantula, nadir. many animals can and do bond with people, and that includes a great deal of reptiles, amphibians and even some insects. they just have different ways of showing it. nadir used to chill on my shoulder, and i was one of three people she never once flicked hairs at. don't underestimate the bonds we can forge with non-human animals.

YDI for letting your son pet LIZARDS!!

A cage for crickets...WTF did u think was gonna happen

FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE, u wanna know why? first of all lizards dont eat crickets, second of all they only jump when they are outside so u can put them in a container without a top and they wont even jump out sooooo...FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE

calamito 0

You're STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID, and typing in all caps does not make you right. Lizards DO eat crickets. Crickets can jump WHENEVER and WHEREVER. It doesn't matter if they're in a container, they can still jump. So... You're an idiot. STFU.

I feel we are up to our eyebrows in BULLSHIT. I just took care of a lizard this summer, and what did she eat? Crickets. And you know what those crickets did in their container? The little ******* jumped around trying to get out.

People DO breed crickets, you know. give them a heart of lettuce and they'll be good.

glass_half_full2 0

Hey, cramzing. I'm gonna have to agree with calamito, here. I have a lizard and he happily munches crickets. Also, the crickets we keep for him have jumped out of their enclosure many, many times. They've even managed to get out of the critter keeper while the lid was closed. Really, crickets are crafty things. What I don't understand, though, is why someone would buy 2,500 crickets all at once for a lizard.