Forgive student debt now!

By DebtedToSociety - 07/06/2009 17:54 - United States

Today, I was watching a TV show about people with shopping addictions. One girl was $15,000 in debt and I thought how horrible it would be to live with that. Then I realized that I'm in medical school and currently $135,000 in debt. At least they have something to show for their debt. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 120
You deserved it 8 586

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you will have a good career once you are done with school!

liquidpaper 0

"At least they have something to show for their debt"? What does that mean? In a few years you'll have a respectable career. A pile of shiny things won't help you earn money the same way a medical degree can.

Comments

On the bright side, you're almost guaranteed one of the highest-paying jobs to help you get out of debt.

redtear 2

To those that don't realize how expensive med school is: I borrow 25G per semester and will be approximately 300G in debt when I am done. To those berating the OP: You obviously don't know how stressful it is to borrow that kind of money without knowing if it will indeed pay off. I will be starting my third year next semester, along with HALF of the class I originally started with. That means that half of my original class is AT LEAST 25G in debt with LITERALLY nothing to show for it. To the OP: If you are 135G in debt you have made it farther than most and will likely succeed. Hang in there and you will have plenty to show for it.

Y r u watching tv instead of working off your debt?

In theory you can pay that off in half a year once you are out of college and working.

Exactly 46 But instead she's sitting at home watching tv and bitching about her life

#48 thats with buying absolutely nothing for 1/2 year.... not even food... thats like impossible unless u live wit ur parents....

Well she could start working instead of sitting at home watching tv

redtear 2

To everyone saying she should be working or studying, 1) If she is still in school she cannot be working, at least not as a doctor, and she probaly doesn't have time for a part time "after school" job. 2) Med school runs TWO semesters a year. It does not run over summer, which means she is on summer break right now, and other than boards, has nothing to be studying for. 3) Even if she should be working or studying right now, does that mean she cannot take time to herself and watch TV? I would go crazy if every minute of every day was spent working or studying.

lifeasweknewit 0

Lol can't wait to go to med school after reading this. You are becoming a doctor...you're going to save lives. It's worth it!

yeah, but the difference is that when you're done with medical school, you'll be able to get a high-paying job and pay off your debts, and then some.