Forgive student debt now!

By DebtedToSociety - 07/06/2009 17:54 - United States

Today, I was watching a TV show about people with shopping addictions. One girl was $15,000 in debt and I thought how horrible it would be to live with that. Then I realized that I'm in medical school and currently $135,000 in debt. At least they have something to show for their debt. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 120
You deserved it 8 586

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you will have a good career once you are done with school!

liquidpaper 0

"At least they have something to show for their debt"? What does that mean? In a few years you'll have a respectable career. A pile of shiny things won't help you earn money the same way a medical degree can.

Comments

mynameisnotjudie 0

Once you get your medical degree, you'll have much more to show than her! ;- )

I think it's worth it, but, holy shit, 135,000? Oh, and, by the way, I'm not that informed about medical school, so don't go and bitch to me about how that isn't the highest price you can pay for it.

I'm with #8 on this one. You'll be able to pay it off. Just don't lose focus and remain persistent :).

That 'M.D.' after your name is certainly something to show.

when your done w/ med school always introduce your self as Dr.(insert name here) (gets the chicks if your a dude)

Wait, so you're saying that you'd rather your debt be from clothes than from a marketable skill, and you'd prefer to owe it to Credit Card companies with murderous interest rates than to banks or the government with lower interest and an expectation of years over which you will pay it back. Yeah, you're the one who's really ******. Sorry, stop moaning and enjoy the summer. You'll be an intern soon enough. Then you'll really have shit to complain about.

Kitty34_fml 0

I'm always amazed by the debt caused by medical school. But don't worry - you will pay it back very quickly once you graduate.

they have something to show for it ? you have alot more to show for it bud..

nothing to show...? you're kind of an idiot.

you whiny bitch you're gonna be a doctor how is that not having anything to show?