Forgive student debt now!

By DebtedToSociety - 07/06/2009 17:54 - United States

Today, I was watching a TV show about people with shopping addictions. One girl was $15,000 in debt and I thought how horrible it would be to live with that. Then I realized that I'm in medical school and currently $135,000 in debt. At least they have something to show for their debt. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 120
You deserved it 8 586

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you will have a good career once you are done with school!

liquidpaper 0

"At least they have something to show for their debt"? What does that mean? In a few years you'll have a respectable career. A pile of shiny things won't help you earn money the same way a medical degree can.

Comments

uh. i'd much rather have a medical degree to show for my debt than a bunch of clothes.

Rellikiox 0

Yeah, they have suits and you will be a doctor. FHL

haha FYL for real if you end up dropping out of med school, become a stripper to pay off your debt, move on to prostitution, then catch syphilis lol

If you stayed long enough in med school, you might actually be able to cure your own syphilis.

the people in shopping debt have what to show? clothes, electronics? also a lifetime of bad credit and debt collectors. you have good debt, the kind society doesn't mind you having and the kind that will pay off for you.

yea but you have a good life ahead of you you can GET OUT of that debt she can't.

ziqi92 0

big problem in this country: the cost of entering the medical field is immense

This is definitely I would agree about your life being effed, considering school is really important to get ahead in life. I hope for the best.

Well look on the bright side, if you ever have a shopping addiction, you won't have to worry about being in debt because doctors make tons of money anyway. It sucks now, but like most everyone here has said, it'll pay off in a few years.

lmmmr 0

big problem in this country: the cost of entering ANY field is immense.