Forgive student debt now!

By DebtedToSociety - 07/06/2009 17:54 - United States

Today, I was watching a TV show about people with shopping addictions. One girl was $15,000 in debt and I thought how horrible it would be to live with that. Then I realized that I'm in medical school and currently $135,000 in debt. At least they have something to show for their debt. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 120
You deserved it 8 586

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you will have a good career once you are done with school!

liquidpaper 0

"At least they have something to show for their debt"? What does that mean? In a few years you'll have a respectable career. A pile of shiny things won't help you earn money the same way a medical degree can.

Comments

lol you are right you have something to fall back on but sad that someone is in debt for material things and especially now of days everyone loosing there jobs and homes. that who take care of the bills and do the right thing what is left or then buy shoes or what ever turns you on!

clockworkgirl21 8

At least you have debt because you're doing something with your life.

How did this get by? This isn't a FML nor a YDI. Kind of funny though. Go buy yourself something pretty next time you pass a hard exam. :D

All the people bitching about this FML, just chill. It's not easy to dedicate years of your life and a shitload of money into something that is essentially a huge risk. It's impossible to know if you'll last to the end and then you'll just start your career (it goes without saying that even if you manage to get to that point, it'll still be years till you actually start making a lot of money) or if you won't last, and then you'll end up with huge debts and really nothing to show for it. Right now they don't actually KNOW if they'll make it in life with this career or not, so yeah, they don't actually have anything to show for it right now.

give up now, this proves your too dumb to be a doctor

don't be ridiculous, your going to make six figures and that other person is going to have so bad of a credit they wont even have a car or house..

good luck! i know how hard it is to become a doctor. never give up!! your debt is far more beneficial than theirs..and once you're a doctor you'll pay it off so quick you'll barely even know it existed!

ZiggyMorrison 0

Dont worry Mr.Obama will make it all better

falleninlove21 0

thats not really an FML...in the end, you'll have something more to show for it too, other than just material stuff

57 shut up u don't know Also to the person that submitted it, get the hell of fmylife.com and get a part time job to pay off your debts God YDI