Forgive student debt now!

By DebtedToSociety - 07/06/2009 17:54 - United States

Today, I was watching a TV show about people with shopping addictions. One girl was $15,000 in debt and I thought how horrible it would be to live with that. Then I realized that I'm in medical school and currently $135,000 in debt. At least they have something to show for their debt. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 120
You deserved it 8 586

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you will have a good career once you are done with school!

liquidpaper 0

"At least they have something to show for their debt"? What does that mean? In a few years you'll have a respectable career. A pile of shiny things won't help you earn money the same way a medical degree can.

Comments

cpatrick820 3

You're bragging. Shut the **** up.

Seriously, you're a moron, OP... Stop with the ******* pity fest. 135k in debt got you an education and a fantastic career that will make it possible for you to pay off that debt 5 times over in the first few years. Quit your bitching and be grateful you got into med school so you can do what you love. ******* A, people are killing themselves to get in and you're whining about not having anything to show for your debt.

In 5 years you'll have a career and they will be stuck working at McDonalds to pay off last seasons shoes that they already threw out. Intellect is better than any bargain bin purchase

jnic 0

.... what the ****? So this girl on TV is mentally unstable and materialistic with probably a lot of insanely unnecessary crap in her house (that's usually what shopping addicts buy), and YOU'RE going to be a doctor and will soon make enough to pay off your debt five times over, and you think SHE'S the one who has something to show for herself? Stop whining.

redtear 2

FML should have a site dedicated to med students. We have our own brand of humour that apparently isn't shared by others. Not to mention we check this site more often than we do our email, lol. Rossies: Good luck tomorrow on mini1! 4th semester Rossies: LAST first mini!

lost_cookie 0

you'll pay it off in a few years she'll have clothes and big debt, you'll have degree and lots of money everyones in that kind of debt for med school

Darth_Taco 14

I'm going to be on the same boat as you in several years (premed major). I'm already in debt though due to mounting medical bills (the irony does not escape me). Yes, it sucks to be in debt, but you're going to have a career to show for it, so suck it up you ******* cry baby. You knew what you were getting yourself into. It's not the worst thing in the world either.