Foreshadowing

By JB. - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States - Somerset

Today, while my husband and I were arguing, he walked away in the middle of my sentence yelling, "Remember babe, you're only my current wife!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 970
You deserved it 5 070

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Past wives, future wives, midwives, good wives, bad wives, big wives, tall wives, fat wives, skinny wives. The list goes on and on!

Comments

afer85 4

Tell him it works both ways and go file paperwork.

ONLY his current wife? How much higher up can you go?

His immature... Remember op, immaturity is a game that can be played on both sides. >:D

JJJJJakkkkeee 6
perdix 29

The first one to "go nuclear" in an argument usually wins. You gotta use the Nuclear Option wisely and sparingly, otherwise your bluff won't be taken seriously.

Tell him that now you're his ex wife - serve the bastard right.

Silent_Thrill 17

I was about to say that I hoped that you weren't married but then I thought to myself... she probably already divorced her guy for having a sex dream that wasn't about her. My point? Well I'm glad you ask (in my mind). In the heat of the moment stupid shit can be said. Sometimes you can't look into it too much, especially so much that you consider divorce.

Hmmm well I'm only eighteen, so I have yet to be married, and yeah I agree stupid shit can be said in the heat of the moment, consider this: I was joking. Calm down.

Silent_Thrill 17

Well most people on here who say that aren't joking. So sorry to make an ass out of us both! Plus, there is no need to calm down. I was only joking too. Sorry for people that read this thread. It's a bummer now...

Boob_fml 6

It's not that big of a bummer, considering neither of you were joking. It was actually amusing watching both of you make the other retract their statement out of feeling dumb.

It's amazing what can come out of your mouth when arguing with your spouse. Mrs. Bastard and I have a strict "no insults" policy during our rare fights, but we've both slipped a few times. Take it for what it was - something stupid he said in the heat of the moment.

Sometimes when angry, things just slip out. I am with you for taking it for what it is. Some of me and my husband's low blows are just never spoken of again, even in the after fight apologies. We know those are included. We try to enforce the same policy. But like you said, the rare incidents can and will happen. A strong relationship can move on past them.

Hahaha I thought you were calling her a bastard until I read your name bwahaha