Stuck

By canessadawn - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - Portland

Today, I was at my boyfriend's house waiting to surprise him when he got home from work. I was laying in his bed when he called to tell me we were over. I couldn't leave before he got home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 785
You deserved it 2 572

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm so sorry that sounds incredibly awkward

larrena2377 26

My ex convinced me to stay with him. I dealt with it another 2 months and was miserable the entire time. not a good idea.

Comments

You could've stayed and tried to convince him otherwise.

larrena2377 26

My ex convinced me to stay with him. I dealt with it another 2 months and was miserable the entire time. not a good idea.

Murilirum 23

Someone able to do that at all would be long past the point of staying together or putting in the effort of seeing it through. If you have enough respect for someone else you'd sit down and talk about it rather than just over the phone then abandoning them in their own thoughts.

I'm so sorry that sounds incredibly awkward

I'm not a fan of break up sex. I once had an ex break down and start crying "you were gonna be my wife" while he was thrusting. And he was the one who broke up with me.

I never really understood the reasoning for break up sex.,. what is it

yeah same here I'd get depressed while trying to dowit

Why couldn't you leave? Surely getting out is easier than getting in?

That must've been really awkward. The guy could've done it in person no? It's sad to do that over the phone.

Did you at least try to talk to him about why he broke up with you before you left? Sorry OP, I hope you're okay!

Well, it's his loss. I hope he regrets his decision.

Why? People are allowed to end relationships. It doesn't make them a bad person.

My thoughts exactly #18. OP could be an awful person for all we know. We know nothing of their relationship.

Didn't think of that. Oops. Sorry my thumbs have a mind of their own. :P

It makes them a bad person if they do it via phone rather than face to face! That said, it sounds like a phone conversation would be way less awkward than having your boyfriend walk in on you 'surprising' him just to break up with you.

JohnTheDonJuan 11

Better a phone call rather than a text or post-it note style. Or my personal favorite cowardly way out, Facebook...

Douche didn't at least have the balls to tell it to your face. Don't worry OP, you'll find someone

Im sorry he broke up with you over the phone :( Maybe this happened because you deserved a face to face breakup