Explain like they're 5 year-olds

By Anonymous - 05/09/2013 06:57 - United States - Tallahassee

Today, I was asked to dumb myself down so the people I was training could comprehend what I was saying. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 765
You deserved it 7 012

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Look, if you're trying to teach preschoolers what the difference between a prepositional phrase and a subordinate clause is, you're going about this wrong.

Comments

Don't happens to me, i don't know, EVERY SINGLE ******* DAY! So sick the idiots in this world.

rinoa_fml 10

Your grammar is terrible. If English isn't your first language then you are excused. If English is your first language then you are not as smart as you think you are.

October3461 12

Sometimes common sense isn't that common t(-.-t)

Atleast you can be sarcastic and insult them without them knowing it.

Simplicity is the better than trying to impress friends with words they dont understand.

I'm a software developer who sometimes has to train users. I've got to dumb down a lot too sometimes!

take it as a compiment if nothing else.

To be fair, you're training them. They don't know as much as you yet. Sometimes people accidentally assume people know things about the job because they themselves have worked there for so long it is second nature to them.

I feel your pain. I got in trouble once for using "big words like 'redundant.'" It's a no-win situation once you get a boss like that who knows he doesn't deserve the position. In his case, he was the BIL of the owner, and he cost me my career.

LexiVerborg 11

wouldn't that actually be a compliment. they were calling you smart and the trainees dumb