By useless bosses - 27/02/2017 08:00 - Australia - Sydney

Today, the people who gave me no training or instruction on how to do my job tried to fire me, because asking for clarification apparently means I'm incompetent. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 593
You deserved it 405

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wait, "tried" to fire you? How'd that go down? Boss: "Look, OP, we're too lazy to tell you how to do your job, so we're going to pin it on you being incompetence. You're fired. " OP: "Nope lol" Boss: "****, get back to work then."

Comments

species4872 19

In order get fired here your employer must have a valid reason which satisfies the Fair Work Commission. The employer may give written or verbal warnings prior but is under no legal obligation to do so. If one is fired the usual practice is one weeks notice however if the employer does not want the employee for that week they can terminate them immediately but must pay them that extra week regardless.

I'm guessing you copy pasted that from somewhere, but it's wrong. Many states are at will states, which means you can be fired for no reason and with no warning.

Makes sense. I mean, everything's upside down in Australia.

species4872 19

Mate, It's the rest of the world that's upside down.

Wait, "tried" to fire you? How'd that go down? Boss: "Look, OP, we're too lazy to tell you how to do your job, so we're going to pin it on you being incompetence. You're fired. " OP: "Nope lol" Boss: "****, get back to work then."

OP opted for trial by combat and had an in with Gregor Clegane.

If I were you I'd start looking for another job.

Agreed, if they tried to fire you once over something that isn't even your fault, then they're definitely going to try again.

INTERVIEWER: "You ever fly a Boeing before?" OP: "Oh, yeah. All the time." *was a fry cook before*

I had a boss admit that the problem was that he never trained me... in the speech he was giving me to let me know I was being fired.

That'd be cause for a call to HR and/or lawyer for an unlawful terminating suit

It's amazing how many companies in the world do that. They bring you in, give you minimal on the job training if any... and when you ask for clarification or a simple refresher, they chastise you and call you incompetent.