Don't mention it

By PoorGramps - 09/12/2009 07:39 - United States

Today, my greatgrandpa came over for dinner. Halfway through the meal, he pooped himself. My family went through the rest of the meal acting like we hadn't noticed to avoid embarassment. As it was coming to an end, my sister came home and immediately yelled, "Ew! Did someone poop?" He cried. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 452
You deserved it 3 138

Same thing different taste

Top comments

awe poor guy I wish I could give him a hug :(

Aww this is sad. At least you didn't make him cry... Your sister did....

Comments

DestineeSaysss 0

that is the saddest thing i've ever read..

ahaaahahahahahahaa im sorry but that made my day. you guys did the right thing though if he is old and senile he cant help it

pooor grandpa!! but how is this an fml for u? seems more like his fml. but hes to old for fml.

MangeMoi_fml 0

EmoKidsFail..I your comment made my evening. On another note..Yu people should stop assuming that he was just left to "stew" in the bile. Has anyone considered the fact that they were EATING..they apparently were just trying to get through dinner without mentioning it and embarrassing him. Any respectable family would, I think. But hey, who's respectable anymore. Assholes.

MangeMoi_fml 0

cannnibalcorpseXD.....l m f a o

Aww. I would've helped your great grandpa if I were you.

This FML made me tear up. The image of a poor old man sitting in his own mess while the ones who love him sit around and deal with it as to not hurt his feelings, and the someone come in, make a big fuss, which then in fact makes him cry...heartbreaking. I've a very large soft spot for old people and this just hurts me to the soul. Ahh, I don't know what to say. I just feel so sorry for your greatgrandpa.

just curious but if it was a family dinner then what was your sister doing? btw i feel sorry for your grandpa

I agree, poor grandpa :( Someone should've discretely taken him away and cleaned him up when they first had some kind of inkling :|

waterynuggets 0

Yep, exactly. And helping them is not about making them feel useless, even if it's something they are literally UNABLE to do for themselves. It's not their fault, and guess what, it's a fact of life that can happen to you or someone you love whether young or old. My grandma had cancer and she had the shakes so she had a tough time holding a full glass of water. If she spilled it, she could clean it up. We didn't rush to her side every 5 seconds and she didn't want us to. But when it came to things like using the bathroom, she needed help. It's not uncommon to have an accident like that but assuming he is up there in age (being *great* grandpa and all) and just sat there after having an accident and later cried, it's hard to assume he was able to get up and use the bathroom. I believe someone could have gently offered to help him clean up and return to dinner without disturbing or upsetting everyone.

Sounds like you are a very thoughtful person. I'm sure your grandmother appreciated you and your family :)