Don't mention it

By PoorGramps - 09/12/2009 07:39 - United States

Today, my greatgrandpa came over for dinner. Halfway through the meal, he pooped himself. My family went through the rest of the meal acting like we hadn't noticed to avoid embarassment. As it was coming to an end, my sister came home and immediately yelled, "Ew! Did someone poop?" He cried. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 452
You deserved it 3 138

Same thing different taste

Top comments

awe poor guy I wish I could give him a hug :(

Aww this is sad. At least you didn't make him cry... Your sister did....

Comments

kahyia 0

In my book this had to play out in only two different ways A. the great grandfather is knowingly incontinent, in which case I really dont see why he would cry after pooping himself and someone calling him on it (b/c if he is knowingly incontinent it must happen on a regular basis) B. the great grandfather is UNknowingly incontinent (but I doubt this given the likely age and ailments considering he is a GREAT grandfather and your family actions) but i still dont see a reason why you guys would pretend like it didnt happen...its not like it is gonna go away by itself

great grampas happen to be slow and old lol

For some elderly people they have this feeling that if a loved one or family member tries to help them then they are useless and helpless. I know this because my grandmother, who is 86, refuses to have someone help her bathe and dress even though its very hard on her and takes her hours to do so. Obviously Great Grandfather knowingly has incontinence problems. More than likely he wears and adult diaper for this issue. Assuming Great Grandfather can feed himself and take care of himself otherwise, he probably wanted to avoid the embarrassment it causes to himself and not say anything. If he was capable of cleaning himself then he more than likely hoped that no one noticed and continued on with dinner hoping to fix the issue after dinner was over. I would've done the same thing the OP did. I've hurt my grandmothers feelings more often than not by trying to, what i consider "helping" her. She feels like she cant do things for herself when i do that and its makes her sad. Stop hating on the OP and her family. Great Grandfather did not ask for assistance and it seems he was in a good state of mind so he could've asked for help if he needed it.

boatkicker 4

I'm glad someone on here knows what they are talking about. :)

daniigiirl 0

If I could like this comment I would. Agreeing with above ^ finally a person who makes sense =)

You know what? I think he cried because your sister's comment brought it home to him that you all just ignored him, leaving the poor guy to fester in his own waste. What kind of family are you? On another note, how could you all sit there eating in a room that smelt of shit?

You know what. We all could be in the same position one day. Who knows really 100% what each of us would do. As you age do does your mind and everything else. You don't think anymore like a spring chicken anymore..... Maybe he didn't smell it or thought only he could smell it and was hoping noone noticed. Without talking to him we will never know why he didn't get up right then and take care of his problem.

Why didn't anyone immediately get up and clean him off? The fact that you let him sit through dinner in his own mess is more embarrasing than someone actually unknowingly saying it smells like poo! FML for your greatgrandfather though!

I feel so bad for this poor man. I just wanna give him a big hug!