Don't mention it

By PoorGramps - 09/12/2009 07:39 - United States

Today, my greatgrandpa came over for dinner. Halfway through the meal, he pooped himself. My family went through the rest of the meal acting like we hadn't noticed to avoid embarassment. As it was coming to an end, my sister came home and immediately yelled, "Ew! Did someone poop?" He cried. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 452
You deserved it 3 138

Same thing different taste

Top comments

awe poor guy I wish I could give him a hug :(

Aww this is sad. At least you didn't make him cry... Your sister did....

Comments

Awhh:(:( I feel soo bad. You and you're family are really nice, and kind. I wouldn't blame your sister, because there is no way that she could've possibly knownn. Awwh, I hope he forgot/forgets about it:(:(:(

That is so sad!!! :'( That makes me want to cry too because my grandpa had problems controlling his bodily functions before he died.. But that was like 2 years before he died... But that is really sad.. And your sis had no way of knowing :(

stackolicious 0

thats so sadd. i like fml casue its like hilarious but this is soo sad.

axnpaxn 0

Your sister is a BITCH. Poor Gramps. :'(

DestinyxXxLives 0

Speaking from personal experience, my grandma would have much rather have sat there till dinner was over until she'd accept help. For many older people, the loss of independence and the feeling of being a burden (even if the family doesn't consider them a burden, it still doesn't change it if they view themselves that way) is much worse then the body failures. If that happenned to you, would you rather stew in your waste, or put up with horrifying embarassment and feel like you're retreating back to an infant? I can see people picking different choices depending on their personal priorities. I'm fairly sure that the family is the best judge we have of what the grandpa would have prefered. In some families, the elder wouldn't mind asking for help from family that cares about them and getting rid of the discomfort. In others the elder would prefer to hold on to their feeling of control of themselve and putting up with a discomfort till the end of dinner, so they don't have to face what they'd consider an even bigger discomfort. (And yes, even if they quitely asked for help from one person, it can make them feel inferior.) If my grandma was in that situation and I quietly offered to help her, she's refuse my help and would probably cry in frustration over her situation (and I've been in very similar situations with her). If I waited till dinner was over then she'd still be pissed off at herself and embarassed, but not as much, and she'd have a small bit of pride of being able to hold up until after everyone else (except who's helping her) left. I love my grandma to bits, call her every day, and always help her out when I can (i.e. bringing her medication, cooking food, helping her to the bathroom, helping her bathe, doing laundry, ect.), but there are somethings that she'd rather deal with her self. That would be one of them. (If anyone was curious, I'd actually do the opposite and quietly request help, but I accept that not everyone has the same view.) I have a feeling that the great grandpa might feel the same way as my grandma. Also, how is the sister a bitch if she doesn't even know what's happenning? My brother just made a comment when he walked into my dad's room "Did someone take a crap in here? It reeks!". And nothing of the sort happenned. She probably just ment that the room smelled, and didn't realise what was causing the smell... FE(Everyone's)Life in that situation. Nobody ended up happy, and wasn't really a way to make everything okay. Oh, and OP, bless your greatgrandfather for living through three generations of youngsters. Best of luck for your family!

christmascookie 0

oh:[ now i feel bad laughing at the first two sentences...