Chill

By daisyann - 15/07/2009 23:55 - United States

Today, I got pulled over for the first time. When the officer came up to my window, I immediately burst out into tears due to nervousness. He kept asking me for my licence and registration. Hysterical, I wasn't able to comply. He arrested me for not cooperating. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 676
You deserved it 55 573

Same thing different taste

Top comments

are you the girl from american idol who keeps crying for sanjaya?

Seti_fml 0

you deserve it, no way around that. You have to be an adult and keep your composure when being pulled over. It's part of your responsibility as a driver.

Comments

christopherlove 0

That's funny coming from a 14 year old girl. :)

Terilyn4500 0

YDI, please stay off the road! Next thing you know, cell phone in hand you're gonna have some major emotional trauma and cause some MAJOR accident because you'll be blinded by tears. Ugh.

elara15 0

Great. All we need is one FML from a female driver to open the door to a shitload of sexist jokes against half the world's population. Just remember men, your insurance premiums aren't higher because you're statistically *better* drivers. To the OP, maybe you should be on antianxiety medication. There is no good reason for you to become THAT hysterical, even in that situation. Do you find tears and incoherence a common response to stressful situations? You might want to explain your hysterics to a doctor, not this website.

Typical, it's only sexism when it's against women huh?

elara15 0

No, it can be sexism against anyone. I'm arguing against opinion, but you're making an issue of fact. Take it up with the male-dominated field of insurance adjusters.

xanth 0

Statistically the safest drivers are the elderly. Does that make them better drivers? Safe drivers and good drivers are too different things...also, what the one above me said.

Those running insurance companies are not interested in what they have to do to get more money, only that they get more money. Besides, statistics don't say that men are worse at driving, only that men are more likely to die in an accident, which is to be expected because men generally drive more miles than women.

Exactly, but that's only because women start crying hysterically every time they see a cop driving by, keeps them from driving as much as men do. ;)

letitbe56 0

Statistically, women get into more accidents, but they tend to be minor fender-benders. Men get into fewer accidents overall, but when they do, they tend to be devastating wrecks. Insurance companies don't like fender-benders, but they HATE devastating wrecks. Hence the higher premiums for men. Anyway, I have two responses to this FML. One is to be angry at the OP for posting this at all because it's only confirming the stereotypes of the sexist trolls. It's not even funny. If you were someone I knew and you got THAT hysterical, I'd try to talk you into getting counseling. That's how scary and not good your reaction is there. Crying is one thing, but crying so much you can't get out your license and registration? That's pretty extreme. My second is to be angry at all the people commenting for actually generalizing the OP's uncommon, highly maladaptive response to stress to all women and for thinking it's funny to do so. Grow up, seriously.

Hich17 0

I'm guessing that there are equal percentages bad women drivers and bad male drivers. BUT, can we agree on this: A bad male drivers tends to be an aggressive driver, whereas a bad female driver tends to not pay attention?

The elderly are not the safest drivers, #29! I was walking down a parking lot when an old lady backed up and hit me. She did not have signal lights on.

You people are heartless. Just because she got scared doesn't mean she's a bad driver. Being bad with people/intimidated by authority doesn't automatically mean that a person doesn't know her way around a car. She deserved to get ARRESTED because she's too emotional? Please. The cop was a dick.

Well, I'd be freaking out if I were that cop. 'M'am, can I see your..' 'BOOOHOOO' She's the type of people who cause an accident when trying to let an ambulance pass.

blondiee09 0

#22 : get a backbone #43 : LMAO. I honestly just burst out laughing. epic win for you

Thank you!! She totally didn't deserve this!! The cop was horrible. It's okay to cry. I cry a lot. No need to be so uppity, you people telling her she deserves it please.

ashmash 0

I was pulled over for the first when I was sixteen (and I'm a girl). I was nervous but I talked to the officer, dealt with it, paid the ticket and went to traffic school. that's it. I have to agree there is no reason to have that extreme of a reaction and is an indication that OP is not able to handle all the responsibilities of driving.

Somehow I picture Spongebob Squarepants crying his eyes out instead of a woman.