Cheers

By peace out - 05/03/2013 20:19 - United States - Mount Pleasant

Today, I had to help my little sister do a first-grade project for school. For one part, they have to draw a picture of their role model. She drew a whale, and I asked, "A whale is your role model?" She laughed and said, "No! It's you!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 617
You deserved it 5 989

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Think of the bright side! You're her role model and you inspire her! Even if you might look like a whale!

Whale, whale, whale, looks like it's time to teach the little spout some manners, you can't wait until it all blows over.

Comments

KiddNYC1O 20

I'd say depends on her age...

I used to draw heads with arms and legs coming out from them, so I can understand the possible misinterpretation.

First grade is like 5-6 years old. It's understandable.

LuckBeNimble 19

yes, as 18 said she wasn't being mean. the subject of focus was "role model" after all. backhanded compliment at worst.

WKER143 9

She's in first grade... She wasn't calling OP a whale or insinuating she was one, it was an attempt to draw a person.. And for first grade, that's pretty darn cute

Umm, last time I checked first graders weren't idiots. They know the difference between a whale and a person. They also know how to draw stick people, unless over the years people have lost that 'skill'. It's not really cute, how would you like it if a first grader drew a picture of 'you' and it looked like a whale? You'd probably react the same way.

Bubbelz 25

62, there is no way a stick figure can look fat. So she did not drew a stick figure. I for one never have. People aren't sticks, unless extreme anorexia is combined with the absence of bones. Nobody taught me that people are sticks, so I always made circles (body looks like 0). And so did that little girl. Circles as bodies can look "fat". Thus with malformed ones, one could think of whales. As mentioned, the kid probably didn't mean to offend either.

Think of the bright side! You're her role model and you inspire her! Even if you might look like a whale!

Exactly. Teach her how to kill harp seals by attacking from below.

Don't take it personally op! She's just a little kid, they do that a lot

Not quite in the #1 spot. Feel free to not try again next time.

Isn't this what the whole site is supposed to mean anyways #5?

Whale, whale, whale, looks like it's time to teach the little spout some manners, you can't wait until it all blows over.

TheManager 6

45- just back away slowly..... They won't rip you apart if you back away slowly....

"I eat pieces of krill like you for breakfast!"

Pleonasm i swear you comment on every fml post there is, but your comments and puns always amaze and entertain me lol

It must be your mustach that allows you to come up with great puns all the time lol

You eat pieces of krill for breakfast?!? (Happy Gilmore plagiarism)

TheManager 6

She's a little kid OP, she doesn't know any better. Don't take it to hard. :)

Lionesse 15

Don't take it up the butt. Little sisters sometimes tend to do things that may annoy you.

dontpanic_fml 32

Like call you their role model? I'd be far too beside myself over that to mind the whale thing too much...I mean, a little punch to the self esteem but there was no ill intent. Not what I'd consider one of those annoying little sibling traits.

Lionesse 15

#30 I was referring to the fact that the younger sister may have drawn the OP a certain way on purpose . I wasn't referring to the fact that the little one called her a role model. Duh. My younger munchkin drew me as a eggplant once on purpose but as a headline wrote "My Role Model" .

dontpanic_fml 32

Well I understand that, obviously, but I wouldn't have taken that as the little sister drawing a whale on purpose at all. Didn't even think of that. I think there may be some over-interpreting of a six year old's blob drawing here...