Card problem

By BureaucraticLimbo - 01/01/2020 14:00

Today, I was told I can't renew my Identity Card without a Social Security Card, and I can't get a replacement Social Security Card without an Identity Card. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 423
You deserved it 520

Same thing different taste

Top comments

XCoraline_CrossX 17

I used an old school ID to get my social security card so I could get my ID. A passport could work as well because it's a form of identification if you have one.

Apparently, you have ceased to exist! You may now start ghosting people, literally. Spooky fun!

Comments

anyone with an ID can ID you so you can get what you need

XCoraline_CrossX 17

I used an old school ID to get my social security card so I could get my ID. A passport could work as well because it's a form of identification if you have one.

How can you renew your ID without an ID? Just saying you must have something if you're wanting to renew it.

It's possible they want one that hasn't expired, and that's what OP has. Or they could have lost it and this could be a total misuse of the word "renew" XD

HalfLit 17

We hippies call that Bureaucracy Limbo.

Maybe that's why that's their username?

Apparently, you have ceased to exist! You may now start ghosting people, literally. Spooky fun!

You can use a birth certificate. Or one of your parents can obtain one for you if you cant get your own. Been there, done that. My mom had to get my birth certificate for me.

same, my dad and I had to get me a new one. lost my original in a house flood. getting my learner's permit was hell.

Lobby_Bee 17

The circle of life goes on and on and on and on and on.

Take better care of important items like this.

feel ya in the pain. But check it 2 utilitie bills and bills mailed to your current address with maybe pay stubs to verify. It's a pain.

Whoever told you that is completely wrong. In ever state all you need is a birth certificate and proof of your address. An electric bill or something like that. It violates federal law to demand a social security card for a driver's license.