Card problem

By BureaucraticLimbo - 01/01/2020 14:00

Today, I was told I can't renew my Identity Card without a Social Security Card, and I can't get a replacement Social Security Card without an Identity Card. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 423
You deserved it 520

Same thing different taste

Top comments

XCoraline_CrossX 17

I used an old school ID to get my social security card so I could get my ID. A passport could work as well because it's a form of identification if you have one.

Apparently, you have ceased to exist! You may now start ghosting people, literally. Spooky fun!

Comments

Passport plus a birth certificate would work. If no Passport, a birth certificate should work fine

Have you got your SS number memorized? You can get a passport without showing a SS card but probably need to put the number down. Passports are the best. Expensive up front, but are valid for 10 years and are never accused as being fake (useful for a baby face...)

get a birth certificate, go to the SS place, they'll give you a piece of paper that'll function close enough to a SS card to get you an id, get the ss card after that.

If you have a W-2 from last year or ANY form with your social security number, they'll use that so you can get your ID. (I lost my wallet 2 months ago and had to go through this process. Found my wallet 2 weeks later)

Look at what other forms of identification you can use.

bl3ur0z3 17

If you've had an ID before, you should be able to just walk in and get one. I've lost my entire wallet and had no problem. In most states, you can even get it online.

Credit/debit cards with pictures on it work. School or work IDs. Dispensary cards. Anything with your name and pic on it. There are also steps for things like this if you have your birth certificate.

passport? birth/marriage certificate? student ID?