But mah freedumbs!

By Anonymous - 12/04/2013 10:23 - Canada

Today, I was screamed at and told that I was denying someone's "second amendment" by not letting him through with a gun. I work at the border; he was trying to enter Canada. This is not the first time, and it probably won't be the last. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 050
You deserved it 5 262

Same thing different taste

Top comments

boycrazy30007 12

As an American I would like to say, thank god we're not all idiots.

If we step onto your land, we own it. Wait, that's not how it works?

Comments

I hope you put a mark on there passport so they'll be searched every time they cross from now on

Second amendment in US, not in Canada. He's clearly an idiot

I really hope he got arrested for trying to cross the border with a gun. Or at least a REALLY big fine. Not all of us are dumb. Please be patient with us.

Mark Wawra is an officer from Michigan. He wrote a scathing letter to the Calgary herald for not being allowed to bring his weapon to Canada.

Yes indeed he did. I live in Calgary and read/followed that story out of interest. He also mentioned that when someone came up to him saying hello amd asking how he was doing he felt he was naked without a gun!! (Paraphrased obviously). What would he have done if he had the gun? It would appear from his story that anybody who asks how you are doing is a threat to personal safety and must be dissuaded by the presence of a gun. Obviously there are sketchy people in all cities but there are also be nice people.

joethebiden 8

Canada's customs agents: Protecting Canada from one-man redneck invasions since 1867.

Don't forget about the war of 1812! There's a reason America has 'New York' and we have Fort York ^_^

1PersonIsMyWorld 22
looney_mc 4
perdix 29

You need to point him in the direction where Second Amendment rights apply. Tell him he can trade his gun for free health care, that is, if he doesn't mind waiting 8 months to get a check-up ;)

Better then being denied coverage and forced to die. Example: Wells-Fargo regarding Mr. Gonzalez's 3 year old daughter. ;)

perdix 29

#59, I actually agree with you. Sorry you fell for the troll-bait regarding the excessive waiting times. I know someone who just went to the doctor and had to pay full price, even though she has a full-time job. I think that is uncivilized. We may quibble about how much care we provide hobos, but when it comes to children and hard-working people, it shouldn't even be an issue.

RedPillSucks 31

Nothing like paying $750 for a single Tylenol pill because you don't have insurance.

#61, it's true f*** doctors , they're not hard working people. They should have no right charging for their services. They didn't spend on average $300,000 and 12 years on education, sacrificing most of their early 20s in the establishment of their careers. Seriously all these a**hole doctors taking "24h call" think they have a right to charge?!? Government should regulate how much they make! it's not like they're Celebrities, Athletes, Accountants, Plumbers, Lawyers, Politicians etc....only they get to set their salaries and wages.

perdix 29

#99, the government does regulate what doctors make and that is why it is so high! They do it with these licensing schemes to maintain a constant shortage of doctors. You can see this most easily in the acceptance of foreign-trained doctors. In the fat times, anyone with a medical degree from practically anywhere can waltz right in and start practicing, but in the lean times, doctors from prestigious foreign schools have to start over from residency to get qualified. (Four years of working for $10-15 per hour).

And Americans wonder why everyone hates them... It's people like this

Yes, we should start exporting our idiots out to Great Britain. Then they came be the idiots for awhile. We'll make it an idiot schedule and include every idiot from every other country. Every country gets all the idiots of the world for twenty years. Then they will be transported to the next country. (Though we will only include chronic idiots.)

Going by that logic every country would be hated. Stupid people do not solely reside in America.