By lonely girl - 11/03/2013 04:17 - United States

Today, I went with my dad to Starbucks. There is this really cute guy who works there and he kept looking over at me, so I went over to say hi. He ended up asking if my dad was single. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 935
You deserved it 4 383

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She obviously said, "He's not single, but I am. Watching you is making me hotter than your coffee, so no need for more cream for me."

Comments

She obviously said, "He's not single, but I am. Watching you is making me hotter than your coffee, so no need for more cream for me."

Maybe... He was looking for a good spouse for his mom! Don't give up yet, my friend~

But she did want extra cream if you catch my drift ;)

"Today, I wrote to my fellow FMLers about how this really cute guy who works at Starbucks asked if my dad was single. They ended up asking if my dad was single. FML"

Maybe that was just a bad conversation starter and he actually likes you?

WhatsGoodBro 12

It'd probably be one of the worst ways to get a girl to like you. For some reason I don't think girls are into guys that hit on their dads first.

oj101 33

Perhaps he wanted to know if your dad wanted a single shot of coffee as an awkward icebreaker to initiate conversation with you?

OhDearBetrayal 25

Or maybe he did mean it. This actually reminds me of that one MadTV skit, "My gay dad always steals my boyfriends even though they say they're straight."

That's when you say yes, invite him over but secretly plot to turn him straight. It can't hurt to try. Go get it girl!!!!!

I feel as if there are quite a few plot holes in this plan.

Your plan is as likely to work as my plan to turn you smart. Good luck with that.

There are ex gays in the world. It could work.

25- Where? Even then, wouldn't they simply be bi?

No. There have been cases where people went from gay to completely straight.

conqueror57 11

Plenty of women carry out gay relationships in their late teens, early 20s but wind up happily married in monogamous relationships with men. Why can't the same be true for men?

You don't change sexuality. You are gay, straight, bi, transgender, whatever. You can try to live as something else but too many times it does not work

Thumb me down all you want. They still exist.

There have been cases where people have been overcome by societal pressure and/or sadistic reprogramming attempts and claim to be straight, but there's no such thing as ex-gay. Just ex-out.

Just look at this way, you have something to talk about with your dad now :P though i am sorry to hear that OP

zero91 4

dont worry , soon a straight guy will ask you out instead ..

DILF!! I feel for you, but this is awesome. Hope you told him it was your dad, the dude would be even more awkward!