Lunatics out here

By fuck your rights - 02/02/2024 18:00 - United States

Today, when I tried to go to work, there were gun nuts blocking the road near my apartment, protesting something or other. I called the cops to break it up, only to be told, "We can't do anything because they have rights." Don't I have the right to not be terrorized by lunatics? FML
I agree, your life sucks 526
You deserved it 337

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like the cops didn't want to deal with it. If it were me I'd talk to friends and neighbors to also call the police. People have a right to free speech but not to block roads.

I dunno; “I can’t get to work” is a pretty big problem.

Comments

009bouris 5

their rights don’t matter less than yours just because you don’t agree with what they are saying. and seeing protestors isn’t being terrorized.

I dunno; “I can’t get to work” is a pretty big problem.

Battousai124 6

Yeah it is being terrorized, when there are multiple people that are obviously unhinged, being armed and ready, near your house...

009bouris 5

as its legal to bare arms in the us simply being armed by your house isn’t terrorism. and protesting something you don’t agree with doesn’t make them unhinged. you don’t have to like it but they have a right to do it just like you have the right not to listen to

Sounds like the cops didn't want to deal with it. If it were me I'd talk to friends and neighbors to also call the police. People have a right to free speech but not to block roads.

mcsmee 7

Would you have felt safer if it was a BLM or Antifa rally?

I feel safer around BLM, Antifa, & the Black Panthers than I would around the police.

So long as they're not carrying guns, yeah, people get to protest even if they're being assholes. If they're carrying guns, might I suggest finding a route the hell away from them before some idiot starts cosplaying Rambo? Like you're probably not gonna get to work anyway, but maybe go on a road trip to the next city in the opposite direction and see if there's some fun sightseeing you can do, hit up a club and go find a hotel room with a new FWB, something like that.

009bouris 5

y’all a bunch of hypocritical cry babies on this site just because people have rights you don’t agree with doesn’t make them terrorists. if you think it does you’re what’s wrong with the world. bunch of Karen’s minding other people’s business

We're assuming "gun nuts" are carrying loaded weapons, not cardboard signs.

009bouris 5

as that is legal I don’t see the relevance if they aren’t committing a crime by doing it how is it terrorism?

I'm having a hard time believing your analysis of the situation. People carrying guns doesn't make them gun nuts. Gun nuts is a term usually given to people who are wanting to protect their second amendment rights. Usually people who want to protect the second amendment don't block roads. It would be unusual for them to protest second amendment rights by blocking roads. They're more likely armed climate protesters or something like that. I agree that generally they should not be blocking the road. I don't think blocking the road is legal even if you are protesting.

They have the right to protest. It does not mean that they have the right to block the road.