Boring people

By Anonymous - 25/05/2016 07:53 - Australia - West Hoxton

Today, my coworker, who I'm secretly in love with, asked me what my plans for the weekend were. I thought she might have been about to ask me out, so I said that I had no plans. She then rolled her eyes and said that she hates talking to, "boring people who shut down every conversation starter." FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 471
You deserved it 1 642

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh, wow. What a rude thing to say. As a socially awkward person who hates small talk, I would be mortified if someone said that to me.

What a bitch.... Better fish out there... OP keep looking

Comments

What a bitch.... Better fish out there... OP keep looking

Oh, wow. What a rude thing to say. As a socially awkward person who hates small talk, I would be mortified if someone said that to me.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I deal with small talk, I just hate it. I'm not the only one who finds it pointless and unpleasant.

TMO2142 25

Small talk is a necessary evil, #37, but I've yet to find very many people who ENJOY it. Even the most magnetic and charismatic people can get a little tired of it after a while. I know that I don't really mind it, but I'd much prefer a deep conversation with someone.

Brightbulb 39

that would be when you say something like " relaxing and enjoying my time off, but nothing in particular. Do you have anything fun planned?" It says you are up for chatting and also can edit or add a few plans too. :) hope that helps next time.

mariri9206 32

My thoughts exactly. OP should definitely ask her out - worst thing that will happen is she'll say no. Besides, she may not know OP likes her and it didn't occur to her to hang out with OP outside the office.

Eh, it can cause things to become awkward or uncomfortable at work. Plus from the response it seems more like op should move on..

mariri9206 32

It would only be awkward if they let it. Like, if OP had asked her out and she said no, it's not really big deal because it's just a crush, at this point, and OP would get over it. OP shouldn't have waited for her to possibly make a move - OP should have done it, especially since it seems like she has absolutely no idea OP likes her. And, obviously, if OP were to ask her out, it should have definitely been before this because, yes, you're right - the response does seem like OP should just move on.

Sounds like she presented you with an excellent opportunity to feign irritation and say, "Look, I hate working this stupid cover as much as anybody, but national security is at ris—wait! Nothing. Never mind." Then flash her a sheepish but endearing smile and return to your work.

Well now you have the benefit of knowing that she's an A-class bitch. You dodged a bullet here, OP, keep your head up.

She probably wanted you to say how about you so she could talk about her plans. But still, how rude.

Sounds like she has a real bitch switch......

I think you've dodged a bullet, OP. I'm sorry she was so rude to you.