Boring people

By Anonymous - 25/05/2016 07:53 - Australia - West Hoxton

Today, my coworker, who I'm secretly in love with, asked me what my plans for the weekend were. I thought she might have been about to ask me out, so I said that I had no plans. She then rolled her eyes and said that she hates talking to, "boring people who shut down every conversation starter." FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 471
You deserved it 1 642

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh, wow. What a rude thing to say. As a socially awkward person who hates small talk, I would be mortified if someone said that to me.

What a bitch.... Better fish out there... OP keep looking

Comments

Grow some balls and ask her out. What could the worst be happen, she says no?

Wow she is a total cow. After that rude remark are you still in love with her?

You can't help who you fall for, but you can help whether or not you put up with them. You deserve someone who won't react like a stuck-up bitch.

"Come over and do something exciting with me" Creepy wink*

ALittleFreak 15

Yeah she's not that great then. You deserve better than a crabby bitch.

While I am in the camp of OP deserving better, I have to say that the girl being their coworker isn't exactly advantageous for moving on from her. Crushes are essentially a chemical cocktail that lasts up to six months. They make people ignore the bad in their crush, and close quarters means you kind of have to deal with people. Sounds like getting over her will be a pain. That said, don't ask dumb questions for the sake of small talk if you're going to snarl at the person for making a rejoinder that fits into the small-talk topic. Small talk is inane, even more so in cases like this where people don't actually want to hear the truth. Not everyone wants to waste energy saying things that are essentially a script written into society.

graphicstyle7 17

Ok, maybe, just... maybe, she likes you too, and is frustrated that you don't ask her out. Ask her out. If she says "Yes", then it's probably her frustration that's making her so rude. If she says "No", frankly, I don't care if she's the hottest lady you know, she has an extremely nasty side to her personality. Forget her, there's lots of nicer people out there. And if you don't want "nice", think about why you don't want someone with good manners.