BOOM!

By Timmay - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I was on the deck of a sailboat and I started feeling seasick. I bent over the edge to throw up. After I stood back up, the wind changed direction and the boom swung around, knocking me into the open ocean. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 456
You deserved it 4 817

Top comments

MIAMIBITCH_fml 0

Yuck.. so technically you fell into your own vomit.

Eros_fml 0

your life could have really been ******, good thing you are alive to post it on fmylife.com!

Comments

HollyAnne 0

its actually called a boom. and wow, that pretty much sucks. I know a few people that have been hit in the head with the boom also. but thats also why its called a boom, if you dont duck. BOOM!! good thing your okay though.

_reagan 0

OUCHH! landed in your own vomit? dang! fyl! ;[

YDI, it is called the boom. And if you're on a sailboat, you got to learn to be aware of it at ALL TIMES!

FYL for falling into the ocean, but I've thrown up in the sea before and from what I recollect, the vomit sinks rather rapidly. Unless you fell into exactly the same spot and sunk 10 feet deep, you're probably okay :)

latenights 0

That happened to me the first time I went sailing on a little Sunfish, but without the vomiting part. I had a bump on my head for a week.

Im on a boat. Im on a boat. take a good hard look at the mother f**king boat

Lucky you're still alive...and hope you feel better

Lancer873 0

Lucky they spotted you and got you out. Kinda sad so many people don't know what it is about the ocean that kills people. It's not sharks... it's DEFINITELY not whales. It's hypothermia (lack of heat) and in warmer climates it's just exhaustion and sometimes (ironically) dehydration. Of course... there's always drowning for the people who can't swim.

At least it wasn't a cruise boat? **** yeah #69 XD

SoccerNstuff 0

its not a boon its a boom, duh like the noise it makes when it hits ppl like you