BOOM!

By Timmay - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I was on the deck of a sailboat and I started feeling seasick. I bent over the edge to throw up. After I stood back up, the wind changed direction and the boom swung around, knocking me into the open ocean. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 456
You deserved it 4 817

Top comments

MIAMIBITCH_fml 0

Yuck.. so technically you fell into your own vomit.

Eros_fml 0

your life could have really been ******, good thing you are alive to post it on fmylife.com!

Comments

hahahahhaaaaa!!! I think you're FML is more the fact that you made yourself look like an idiot on fml. If you knew what you were talking about, it's a boom, not a boon. But all seriousness, are you alright? I've been cracked by those a few times and they're a bitch...

It's a boom... And getting knocked over isn't a big deal while sailing? Unless you were racing :/

sail1989 0

Fist of all for the commentors, its called tacking or jibing not "turning" (and the poster said the wind shifted not that the helmsman altered his course). Second, before you tack or jibe, the helmsman says "tacking", "jibing", "coming about", etc but usually does not say "turning" (at least not experienced helmsman). Also, it is very possible to be knocked overboard by the boom and can be dangerous even with a life jacket. If knocked out, you could drown or there's the whole closed head injury situation. As for the post, it is very believable as #57 said. If you're going downwind and the wind shifts, the boom will come accross very quickly and very easily could knock you into the water.

TiredOne 0

A similar thing happened to me once.except I vomitted on the side so, the wind carried my vomit and splattered to the other people that was on aboard

# 4 u don't need a license to sail.

hmmm....isn't it called the BOOM? not boon. i believe you just experienced the worst case scenario of an accidental gybe....

retard!!! it's called a "Boom!" GOD

OH AND!!! losers! a gybe or a tack will not kill you! u just got a little wet and a bump on ur head, go cry in a whole

thats what you get for barfing on mother nature!