BOOM!

By Timmay - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I was on the deck of a sailboat and I started feeling seasick. I bent over the edge to throw up. After I stood back up, the wind changed direction and the boom swung around, knocking me into the open ocean. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 456
You deserved it 4 817

Top comments

MIAMIBITCH_fml 0

Yuck.. so technically you fell into your own vomit.

Eros_fml 0

your life could have really been ******, good thing you are alive to post it on fmylife.com!

Comments

it's actually the boom, not the boon, but whatever, that sucks!

jorygirly 0

#44: im riding on a dolphin, doin flips and sht. its called splashing getting everyboddy all wet. this aint sea world, this is as real as it gets, im on a boat mother fker dont you ever forget :) glad i could spread the joy of tli

ithedarkknight 0

IM ON A BOAT BISH! U HATERS CANT SEE ME! IM HERE VOMITING ON THE DEEP BLUE SEAA! I FEELIN SEA SICK SO IM GO TO MY ROOM! THE WIND BLEW HIT ME IN THE BACK WITH THE BOOM! IM IN THE WATER LIKE THIS THE ILLEST SHT I EVER WROTE! FML BECAUSE I'M SEA SICK ON A BOAT!

I agree with the guy that says you vomit over the leeward side. As an experienced seasick person, I can tell you that if you barf off of the high side, it comes back and hits you in the face because that's the direction the wind is coming from. I'm not so quick to call fake, though. The OP could have been going downwind, and then the boat would have been about level. Accidental gybes going downwind are relatively easy, so it's believable that the boom swung around and threw him into the water. By the way, FYL.

claiireee1 0

YDI- only because it's called a booM

clockworkrainbow 3

You're brave. I wouldn't go anywhere near an ocean. Scary stuff.

i've never heard the term "open ocean" before.

1379_MLAC_1379 0

it's booM....obviously you're not a sailor, so you deserve to be hit in the head with the BOOM for standing on the BOW and being unsafe.