Are you my new mommy?

By Anonymous - 05/02/2010 21:07 - United States

Today, I was anxiously waiting for the guy I had a crush on to pick me up for our first date. He shows up with his son, whom I never knew about, and takes us to Chuck E. Cheese. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 854
You deserved it 5 382

Same thing different taste

Top comments

is that really a problem? better know now then later

BadPinkKitty07 0

I really can't think of anything more romantic than soggy pizza and a man in a sweaty mouse costume. the hyper kids and vomit hidden in the strangest places in the play place is just a plus.

Comments

no offense but I don't see the FYL here. sounds like a fun date to me. don't act so high mantainence and have fun!!

Give him a chance, even if he has a kid.

This just sounds like a fun date, and clearly he likes you enough to introduce you to his kid...or he was trying to scare you off.

lucky_me17 0

at least u had a date... my date ditched me to go to a night club after one of my "friends" showed him a txt i sent her telling her how much i like him and am nervous for our date... :'(

I'm sorry, but... HOW'S that bad? I mean, look he's a single dad, so you know he's responsible. He cares about his kid enough not to leave him home alone, and really: CHUCK E. ******* CHEESE'S?! That place is awesome! Why is that bad? If him having a kid is gonna change things then maybe you just don't deserve him. JS.

hypergrafia 1

Okay, everyone here is WEIRD. Or missing the point. Or both. The OP isn't upset about the fact that the guy has a kid - it's the fact that she was expecting a first date (getting to know each other, having a bit of fun, maybe some nice food and a good-night smooch). Instead the guy - OUT OF NOWHERE - shows up with a kid and takes her somewhere distinctly not suited to a first date. How exactly are they going to "date" with constant kid interference? Ever tried leaning in for that romantic end-of-the-night kiss, where everything is exciting and new, just to have the kid yell "DAAAD I'VE PEED MY PANTS" from the car?

you can easily send the kid to the ball pit and get to know each other. Fun for the kid and good for them both. Expecting someone to blow money on a "romantic" first date with the possibility to find that you're not right for each other is just stupid and selfish. If it turns out that even one doesn't like the other, than it turns into a waste of money instead of a nice date.

NotFatEnough 0

FYL about the kid part, but I gotta say, even though I'm 19 years old, Chuck E. Cheese is the shit. I can't get in the ball pit, but at least they have DDR and SkeeBall.

dugumit 0

is he still in a relationship? then what's the problem u judgemental bitch. ur the one with the crush not vice versa.

i would be happy that he brought his son. that means he wanted you to know about it right away, so it wasn't like he had a "secret son". if i were you, I'd wanna know about it right away, and be happy that hes being open and honest with you. but thats just how i see the situation.

What a jerk! What he shoulda done was put the kid in the trunk and take you somewhere nice to eat and spend alot of money on you! Guys are inconsiderate!