Are you my new mommy?

By Anonymous - 05/02/2010 21:07 - United States

Today, I was anxiously waiting for the guy I had a crush on to pick me up for our first date. He shows up with his son, whom I never knew about, and takes us to Chuck E. Cheese. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 854
You deserved it 5 382

Same thing different taste

Top comments

is that really a problem? better know now then later

BadPinkKitty07 0

I really can't think of anything more romantic than soggy pizza and a man in a sweaty mouse costume. the hyper kids and vomit hidden in the strangest places in the play place is just a plus.

Comments

AntiChrist7 0

that guy was just killing two birds with one stone.

voveraite 7

It's good the guy was upfront, perhaps this was his way to test whether you are suitable for him. However, adults should get to know one another in private... Also, OP is perfectly entitled to not be interested in guys w/kids. I know I'm not and won't be unless hitting the age range where they become the majority. Not for having anything against children, but because that's some responsibility she never had before, and well, she comes second in the guys life from the get go. Again, if she were a single parent herself, it could be a good match.

shortii09 0
TryToBeKind 0

I've sort of done that to people before in the past. Difference is, they knew up-front that I had a kid so that was no surprise. But I did make all the "dates" kid-friendly, I paid my OWN way and I had my own transportation and set a time-limit and stuck to it. Basically, that was my pussy-way of saying, "I want to make sure you won't try anything sexual until we're together for a long, long, time.

next time you meet someone as 'so do you have any kids' It will prevent that. Had he picked me up and I got to the car I probably would have been 'sorry something came up maybe something other time.' Then you plan the date at a bar or something.

okay, i see it as he's a good guy who decided to tell you he had a kid & introduce you to a part of his life that many men try to hide. appreciate his honesty & his trusting you enough to meet his son. its not FYL its wow im glad he did that now. & check e cheese is a non awkward fun date bring out your inner kid & enjoy your time withthis guy instead of complaining cause lots of women dont get that.

And people think I'm crazy when I ask guys if they have kids all the time? I don't like surprises. Especially on the first date. :