Are you my new mommy?

By Anonymous - 05/02/2010 21:07 - United States

Today, I was anxiously waiting for the guy I had a crush on to pick me up for our first date. He shows up with his son, whom I never knew about, and takes us to Chuck E. Cheese. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 854
You deserved it 5 382

Same thing different taste

Top comments

is that really a problem? better know now then later

BadPinkKitty07 0

I really can't think of anything more romantic than soggy pizza and a man in a sweaty mouse costume. the hyper kids and vomit hidden in the strangest places in the play place is just a plus.

Comments

wuggles 0

There is nothing wrong with chuck e cheese!

A date is what you make it. if u act and think it's boring then it's gonna be boring. But if you try to have fun then it will be fun.

ok, they're complaining because he never said anything about the kid, not that he has a kid

Splayd 10

I think that there should be tests like this in the real world. You put an story like this up, you tell everyone to post his thoughts. If someone says something like, "You're selfish! He's allowed to have a kid!" Or, "How dare him have a kid he loves!" Or, "Chuck E Cheese's can be fun!" Then you can immediately disregard the possibility of ever befriending those people, because no one's reading comprehension should be that horrendous.

I always wondered what the "E." stood for...

MidnightMusic53 37

I can't say I blame you for being upset that he didn't tell you before your first date, but as a lot of people are saying, at least he did tell you on the first date rather than several dates later. Perhaps he was just afraid that if you knew he had a young son, you wouldn't even give him a chance at all (which in some cases can be true). On the bright side, you got to go eat pizza, might not have been super romantic, but pizza is always tasty.

I don't think I would have even gotten in the car, depending on the kids age and the circumstances. Did he get ditched by his babysitter but didn't want to stand you up? I cant believe people are saying you shouldn't have been offended or weirded out. You don't just spring kids on people with literally no warning and you're not a horrible person if you don't want to date someone with kids, they aren't everyone's cup of tea, and he should have given you the chance to be honest about whether or not you want to date someone with that kind of responsibility. I wonder how his child's mother feels about him introducing women on the first date, would get kind of confusing for the kid to get used to all of daddy's girlfriends? Chuck E. Cheese is loud, smells weird, the ball pit is absolutely filthy and full of germs. I don't mind trudging through an hour of the mind numbing music and children running around for a birthday party or if I'm babysitting but I can think of a million other places better suited for a first date - even if you have to drag along a kid.