Another fine mess

By Moron - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - Canada

Today, due to a misunderstanding, I unintentionally agreed to have a dinner date with a co-worker. He's ten years older than me. Not only do I have to find a way to reject him, but I have to work with him on weekends. The worst part is, he's the first guy to ask me out in ages. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 214
You deserved it 6 688

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just go out with him this one time, then if you still don't want to date him after this, kindly let him know.

Comments

Uhm... I don't even see the point of this FML. If you haven't been asked out in ages....shouldn't you be HAPPY someone of the opposite sex even sees you in that way? The whole making a comment at the end of the FML to say you haven't been asked out in ages, shows exactly how desperate you are. Lower your unreasonably high standard, if that's the issue. A 10 year age difference isn't such a big deal. I bet he is more mature then the men your age......but then again this FML is dripping in immaturity....so you might not be mature enough for him in the end. Goodluck to him then for stupidly asking out such a stuck up ****.

Uhm... I don't even see the point of this FML. If you haven't been asked out in ages....shouldn't you be HAPPY someone of the opposite sex even sees you in that way? The whole making a comment at the end of the FML to say you haven't been asked out in ages, shows exactly how desperate you are. Lower your unreasonably high standard, if that's the issue. A 10 year age difference isn't such a big deal. I bet he is more mature than the men your age......but then again this FML is dripping in immaturity....so you might not be mature enough for him in the end. Goodluck to him then for stupidly asking out such a stuck up woman. (Wow FML you really ARE against freedom of speech eh? Jeeze.)

don't be so fussy, ten yrs older is nothing ya prude, no wonder no guys ask you out YDI

quit your bitching and give it a chance, did you ever think that since no one has asked you out in ages that you're not very appealing?

puppydog 12

10 years isn't such a big gap that you couldn't go on one date with him.. especially if no one else likes you.

give it a go 10 years is nothing, you might find you like im!

women ask for too much. once a guy asks em out in forever, they get picky

i know many people who are in love, still married, and have a bigger age gap then 10 years. My adopted sister and her husband, my uncle and his wife(married from when he was 35, he is 80 or so now), my grandparents, others i forget about. A good age difference helps a lot.

alexiskimbrell 0

Just kindly & sweetly tell him that you misunderstood what he meant, and that you actually have a rule that you follow by, where you don't date co-workers, and you never mix business with your personal life. Tell him it has nothing to do with him, it's just something you do to avoid awkwardness in your place if work. He won't feel as rejected or think it's him. Just continue to act nice afterwards, so it doesn't make your weekends with his awkward. Everything will be fine. But on another note, you need to go out and find a date you're interested in. -and get laid. Use it or lose it, sister