Another fine mess

By Moron - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - Canada

Today, due to a misunderstanding, I unintentionally agreed to have a dinner date with a co-worker. He's ten years older than me. Not only do I have to find a way to reject him, but I have to work with him on weekends. The worst part is, he's the first guy to ask me out in ages. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 214
You deserved it 6 688

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just go out with him this one time, then if you still don't want to date him after this, kindly let him know.

Comments

cunningchick 1

Stand up in the middle of your office and start screaming the song 'dinosaur' by kesha, but only if you font like your job:)

esb77 8

I say give the guy a chance. You never know what can happen. I was asked on a date with a guy 9 years older than me, and I gave him a chance. Now he's my husband. :)

528Alice491 3

Beggars can't be choosers, jk But you seriously might hit it off with him, don be picky, life is about chance encounters that make amazing feelings and lasting memories. Scratch that. Beggars can't be choosers. Lol

FML but at the same time, you gotta keep an open mind with some situations, don't base on age or society base on the personality and what you think

Ive never understood the hang ups on age. If he looks good and he's nice to you go for it. If you mentioned his age because you don't find him attractive I'm sure you can find a way to let him down easy. My s/o is 12 years older than me but he has a baby face and for us, it works out. My friends will comment how cute our relationship is or how they want a guy that treats them how he treats me but they wont date any guy if he isn't within 2-3 years of their age, 6'0 tall, and the same ethnicity. You've got to be a little open minded if you want to get asked out more often.

What is the peoblem with the age? I'm 27 and my girlfriend of over 1 year is 17. :)

that's illegal.... and she is way too young. If she was like 20 and out of highschool itd be different...

Not illegal in Brazil. If you didn't didn't know, the Brazilian flag is in 136's profile picture, meaning many would guess he's Brazilian. xD

he's ten years older big deal, if he's nice and likes you and you're both over 18, it'll be great!

If the 10 year age gap is your excuse it's a poor one. "Age is just a number" my partners 11.5 years older than me and we are incredibly happy and we have a 10 month old son together. If it's something other than the age then let him down easy say you had fun but it was a friendly fun and the feelings just aren't there.