Another fine mess

By Moron - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - Canada

Today, due to a misunderstanding, I unintentionally agreed to have a dinner date with a co-worker. He's ten years older than me. Not only do I have to find a way to reject him, but I have to work with him on weekends. The worst part is, he's the first guy to ask me out in ages. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 214
You deserved it 6 688

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just go out with him this one time, then if you still don't want to date him after this, kindly let him know.

Comments

is he that ugly? your age differences couldn't be that bad- look at the bright side OP and give it a shot. I'm sure he'll understand if you're not interested.

Thats what I am saying. How shallow do you have to be to think this is an FML.

Please let him down gently. Last thing anyone needs is another guy running around saying how women are all she-devils.

abouttofly 12

And obviously that would be her fault, not his for being unable to handle rejection.

I don't see how this is an FML. There is nothing wrong with a guy bring 10 years older then a girl (unless you are underage). YDI for being so shallow.

AFuckinCrocodile 6

Well if you want guys to ask you out dress better,and wear good make up,but not ugly clown make up lol

RockstarRN 10

My mom dated a guy who she felt sorry for. Turns out he is sweet, smart, makes good money, and treats her like a princess. 20 years later and they are still in love! He's also the best dad! Give him a chance...

Have a free meal this time, and don't go for a second date.

10 years is nothing. Give a man a break, not like you have an other date instead. Who knows, he might be the one, but cant show it at work.

10 years are okay in my eyes. That's not worst and maybe he is better than you think now of.

FLOWbroLAX 4

Yeah . I went on a date with this girl and then stopped talking to her, she was talking about committing suicide, I'm afraid that if he's crazy like her your going to have to make up a bullshit story!