You're nicked!

By Jong - 10/03/2009 02:35 - United States

Today, I arrived at work, only to be arrested and accused of stealing over $8000 from my job. Five hours later at the police station, the discovery was made that the actual thief had an employee ID one digit different than mine. He works at another location over 1200 miles away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 74 324
You deserved it 2 759

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MCart_fml 0

5 hours is fairly quick for the police to understand an embezzlement case...

I would sue the hell out of these assholes.

Comments

cuttybuddy 0

you can definitely sue, and you should start the process as soon as possible. also seek possible counseling to help your case, with a therapist, stating the vast emotional damage that has been done to you. also mention the humiliation and their attacks on your character. oh and hire a good lawyer. @ #10 - i'd say his day was SLIGHTLY more than inconvenienced by being taken away in handcuffs and humiliated at work for a grossly negligent error on the companies part. no big deal though right?

rarely does someone actually have an fml. usually its just a bad person. but this is horrible. defiantly take them to court.

i don't understand how anyone could vote for "you deserved that one"

I hope your job doesn't treat you any differently when you go back and I hope the police at the very least, apologized to you.

TheNameless_fml 0

Yikes that sucks. I hope it didn't go on your record or anything. I'd ask for a raise.

#10 being wrongfully arrested and detained for 5 hours is a little more than an inconvenience. An inconvenience would be someone parking in your parking space or no coffee in the break room. If you don't receive something for this then you should sue. I mean they should atleast give you a some paid leave and a public apology.

Could someone please explain why they think he deserved that.. =

suing is fine with me! but just not the police! u will never get anywhere with it! too bad! but the reason y Americans like to sue is because they have too much money and time! but that must have been horrible! i feel for u!

KFabery 0

#11 - It's only humiliating if they actually did something wrong. Otherwise it's a hilarious story in the future. This ranks up there for a really shitty day, but ultimately nothing was so bad for you. Funny story if you don't get too worked up about things. Also, suing the police is not only stupid, it's not possible. They arrested the person the company told them was stealing, and they released the person once they discovered the error. Doesn't appear they did anything wrong at all.